Help!! Internet Options DSL/Cable/Hardwired?

jcnalice

Nov 25, 2007
Hello All,

We just moved to Cocotal Le Gemma and need a hardwired internet connection for our vonage devices to work.

( We are within walking distance to Palma Real mall )

We can access wireless, but this wont work for us.

We are having a hard time finding anyone who understands what we are
talking about. ( wired vs. wireless). We would even consider satelite.

Also, does anyone know where we can get linksys routers and linksys equipment in Punta Cana or a good electronics store?

If anyone knows who we call and how it works here please respond asap!

Much, much appreciated.

Thanks,
JCC

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hello All,

We just moved to Cocotal Le Gemma and need a hardwired internet connection for our vonage devices to work.

( We are within walking distance to Palma Real mall )

We can access wireless, but this wont work for us.

We are having a hard time finding anyone who understands what we are
talking about. ( wired vs. wireless). We would even consider satelite.

Also, does anyone know where we can get linksys routers and linksys equipment in Punta Cana or a good electronics store?

If anyone knows who we call and how it works here please respond asap!

Much, much appreciated.

Thanks,
JCC
It's really pretty simple.
Either there is someone close to you with a hub, from which you can run your hard wire to your puter, or there isn't, and if there isn't, you need to have a telephone line installed.
Codetel/Claro will provide the router, and if you need multiple outlets, you can buy a small hub.

Feb 7, 2007
If you have wireless you can resolve it with a crossover cable (also called reverse ethernet cable). I know it works because I have tried it. Connect your computer/laptop via a wireless connection. Plug your vonage adapter into the ethernet/LAN port on your computer using the crossover cable. That waz, your computer will be acting as a hub/router for vonage. It's been about four years I have done that so don't ask me whether you need to install some software, do some routing config, etc., or other details, because I don't remember. But it can be done because I have done it.

jcnalice

Nov 25, 2007
Rubio,

I had tried that and could not get it to work until....

I bridged both the wireless and ethernet connection together by right clicking holding down shift ( in Vista ) and selcting bridge connections in network properties!

Now I can use my Vonage device with ANY wireless connection using a crossover cable and my internal wireless modem. Please keep in mind this will work as long as the ISP is not blobking any upper ports, which is common in hotels, but not airports or wireless hotspots.

Thanks!