bus from santiago to terrenas?

momma

Jan 11, 2008
can anyone tell me - is there a bus that goes from the airport in santiago to las terrenas? and what would the times be? i am headed to las galeras but how in the world do i get there - i do not want to rent a car or have to hire a cab. love the busses. thanks so much

thurston

Apr 21, 2007
Hi momma,
You can get the bus Caribe Tours, that will take you all the way to Samana city its where the bus ends its journey, and from there you take the guagua, local bus / pick up truck to Las Galeras.

Time about 3.5 hours approx .

Aug 19, 2004
The simple answer is no. Be aware the Caribe Tour bus starts in Santo Domingo and goes to Samana via San Francisco de Macorix. May be best to get a taxi from airport to SFM (don't know cost) - then Caribe Tour to Sanchez and taxi/gua gua from Sanchez to LT.

Any other ideas out there?

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
There's a regular guagua that goes direct from Santiago to LT. If I recall, it leaves Santiago around 3:00pm, from the street next to the hospital Cabral y Baez... The name of the drivers are Alfido and Joel, depending on the days...
It is a Dominican style transportation, don't expect any bells or whistles... But you'll get to LT direct...

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
There's a regular guagua that goes direct from Santiago to LT. If I recall, it leaves Santiago around 3:00pm, from the street next to the hospital Cabral y Baez... The name of the drivers are Alfido and Joel, depending on the days...
It is a Dominican style transportation, don't expect any bells or whistles... But you'll get to LT direct...
Hey Squat,
And the same guagua return to Santiago at what time and from where in LT? In front of Paseo Mall?
Thanks,
WebDev

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
...the same guagua return to Santiago at what time and from where in LT? In front of Paseo Mall?
Alfido's guagua should travel to Santiago (I think it is everyday), leaving Las Terrenas at 8:00am, in front of the new "La Esquina" building (corner of main street & road to Coson). It costs 220RD$.