Milk at resort?

jdeir2000

Feb 14, 2007
We are returning to Grand Palladium and i wonder if the milk that is provided in the restaurants is actually pasterized cow milk??? i am bringing my 16month old daughter and she is drinking whole milk( not formula). i do recall going into El Cortecio, would the grocery there have pasterized milk if needed.

From the information I have been told is that Arla Foods a European dairy giant supplies most of the Dominican with powdered milk products and were thinking of establishing a diary plant in the Dominican Republic. The company is thought to want to start production of powdered milk there as well as beginning UHT milk production. Whether this has been started now I do not know.

UHT Milk can be made commercially sterile by subjecting it to temperatures in excess of 100? C, and packaging it in air-tight containers. The milk may be packaged either before or after sterilization. The basis of UHT, or ultra-high temperature, is the sterilization of food before packaging at 135? C tempratures which gives greater shelf life, up to 6 months without refrigeration.