Aloha Sol - Completely Booked!

BlanquitoDeNYC

Apr 15, 2006
Just got off the phone with Aloha Sol in Santiago. I wanted to catch the early part of Serie del Caribe, but there is no availability from Feb 1-Feb 5 :cry:

I was very pleased by my stay at Aloha Sol when I was there in December, does anyone recommend any other hotel that is in the general area (close to monumento, etc.)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Did you call the 1-800 number on the Hodelpa site?
They are a wholesaler, "Perfect Destinations", for the hotel and may get you a room, they give a better price on Gran Almirante as well.

Toll Free 1-888-403-2603

Hotel Platino is another option, across the street from P.U.C.M.M.

Tarifas, Hotel Platino

tambo'

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Well, I guess that's why they never got back to me!!! I'm glad I didn't book my tickets to come down.... I would've been ........

My last minute trip would've been a disaster!!! oops!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
There is hotel informationthat I posted in the Carribean World Series thread. Don't forget, caba?as generally will be available.

BlanquitoDeNYC

Apr 15, 2006
Just made a reservation. The woman told me they have a new building and a single bed in an AC room was 1399 RD. I thought it was a bit pricey for the reviews I've heard of the colonial, but considering it's a new building, and I had no leverage and no other options, this seems like a decent deal.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Just made a reservation. The woman told me they have a new building and a single bed in an AC room was 1399 RD. I thought it was a bit pricey for the reviews I've heard of the colonial, but considering it's a new building, and I had no leverage and no other options, this seems like a decent deal.

They were asking for RD550 last summer. I will ride by there when I am town to check it ought. It appears they charged you the tourist rate, but hey what is 25 additional bucks compared to all of the other expenditures?

http://www.dr1.com/forums/dominican...rld-series-50th-anniversary-7.html#post542450

Last edited:

BlanquitoDeNYC

Apr 15, 2006
Oh, and breakfast is included.

Thanks Chip, let me know what you think of the place.

I am sure I got the tourist rate, but at this point I don't even want to haggle, I just want a bed to sleep in that is walkable to calle del sol and el monumento.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Oh, and breakfast is included.

Thanks Chip, let me know what you think of the place.

I am sure I got the tourist rate, but at this point I don't even want to haggle, I just want a bed to sleep in that is walkable to calle del sol and el monumento.

A couple of pointers, don't eat there - I got a bad case of food poisioning that landed me in the hospital for two days.

It is about 4 blocks to the Calle del Sol and somewhat farther to the monumnet. I would have no problem walking it even though it is probably around a mile or so.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The 550 rate is probably for the old building and not the new state of the art hotel they built next door.

If that is the case then I'd say that the RD1400 price is a fair and competive rate based on other places I have stayed at here in Santiago and the capital.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Now on to the real question... where's the hot spot in Santiago to watch the Super Bowl on Sunday 2/3?

You can go to 5 spots on restauracion, I don't know if you consider a fancy banca a hot spot, but you can enjoy the conversation of the chicas that work there. Or possibly Ahibar, they'll probably have one tv for the superbowl or you can request it.

BlanquitoDeNYC

Apr 15, 2006
I was thinking Ahi Bar as well, because I had watched some football there during my trip in December, but conversation with some chicas sounds nice, haha. The name of the place is 5 spots?