El Vacilon - Montreal

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
How is El Vacilon club in Montreal? Anyone here been there?

The music at Punta Cana is getting tired. The crowd is starting to revolve around (what seems to be) a lot of women looking for a sanky panky.

I'm wondering if El Vacilon is what PC used to be :bunny:

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
ANYONE??? All right, I guess I'll find out for myself.

If anyones interested, check back later, I'll post an update ;)

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
I'm totally interested. My hairdresser and her Domincan husband are dying to go to Montreal for the Merengue Festival and to check out the clubs there. montreal, it's pretty tired here also in Toronto. The ratio of dancers, hunters and drinkers has changed in El Rancho and Plaza Flamingo. I have to go elsewhere, too scuzzy (fights, pickups, only a few good dancers, bad dressers, tackiness, no style).

I had a blast at Punta Cana last year, sorry to hear that it's lacking something. Maybe it's still good on Sunday night? Maybe everyone's broke? LOL But yes, any update on El Vacilon will be appreciated!!

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
Hey

I have been to El vacilon and it's fun. However it gets busy only very late 1:30 or 2 am. Music is good and not too many sanky-panky

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
Merci isabelle13.

I will definitely report back.

Margaret, let me know next time your in town, we should hook up and go to El Vacilon (if it's good that is...) I hear you on the Toronto part. We visit TO pretty often (our good friends live there) and the latin scene is NOT very happening. The Dominican scene also seems inexistant. The friend mentioned above is Dominican and she claims the population in TO is very low. She was surprised at how much Dominicans and Dominican stuff she saw here in 'El Barrio'

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
My hairdresser says Latin Fever (Weston & Steeles) on Sunday night is packed and has a big Dominican crowd who live in the area. I've only been there on a Friday or Saturday night, I wouldn't know.

Definately, I will contact you when I go to Montreal next!!!

Telpphochenna

Jan 31, 2008
I was shocked to hear that on the news!

I am sorry may be the wrong place for a post! But have you heard that Heath Ledger recently died in NY!
So young and Such a great Actor! Rest in Peace!!!
<a href=angel2008.googlehlp.com//>Angel2008</a>
it's too sad :(

fiestahoy

Oct 17, 2007
How is El Vacilon club in Montreal? Anyone here been there?

The music at Punta Cana is getting tired. The crowd is starting to revolve around (what seems to be) a lot of women looking for a sanky panky.

I'm wondering if El Vacilon is what PC used to be :bunny:

Are there still a lot of people who goes at Discoteca Punta Cana or people are starting to shift by going more and more at 'El Vacilon club' ?

These 2 clubs are not far from each other...5 minutes by car (15 to 20 minutes by city bus) and half an hour if you walk.....

It is more spacious ( big dance floor) at El Vacilon club compare to Punta Cana which got a small dance floor.