Golfing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GB_Gentleman

Nov 8, 2007
Are there any companies that offer golfing excursions for tourist. I am coming down in another week and want to play Playa Grande, but really do not want to tee off alone.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Are there any companies that offer golfing excursions for tourist. I am coming down in another week and want to play Playa Grande, but really do not want to tee off alone.

Could you not arrange your game with the pro shop the day before?
Only a suggestion.

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Where are you staying? If in Playa Dorado, the mall will have several tour company's that offer this trip. Some of the hotels also.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
You might want to contact BushBaby who plays there about twice a month. He is another GB gentleman (if that signifies you are from UK) but one who lives here in Puerto Plata. I'm sure he would have been on this thread already but.............he's currently down at Playa Grande playing golf :) . Send him a PM if he doesn't see this thread after he gets back.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Heeeeee's Baaaaack!!
Playa Grande was great - Company was great (thanks Kimberley for putting me in touch with your Father) - weather was Great - golf was fair (but NOT as good as I would have liked) - The Day was FANTASTIC!! :cheeky:

I shall be at Santiago on Sunday 3rd so might well be going to Playa Grande on the 10th if that is any good to you. I might be persuaded to another day too!! (Boss permitting :pirate::ermm:)

Where in the UK are you coming from & where are you staying here in the DR? ~ Grahame.

Last edited:

GB_Gentleman

Nov 8, 2007
Thanks everyone for replying.

Actually the GB stands for Green Bay (Wisconsin in the US). For those of you who follow American Football, I live about 2 miles from Lambeau Field. I should have rethought my moniker when I signed up on an international board.

Bushbaby, if the fact I'm not from Great Britain doesn't hurt the fact, I would love to go out on the 10th, or any other day between the 6th and the 12th, besides the 9th (going whale watching that day). I'll be glad to pay for your gas , drinks and food.

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
I am going to be staying at the El Magnifico Hotel in Cabarete.

Hey cheesehead- you will be about 1/2hr away from Playa Grande. PLAY IT- either with Grahame or go by yourself if need be! You won't be disappointed. R RandyE-official DR1 Eagles fan

GB_Gentleman

Nov 8, 2007
Randy, Up here we take being called a cheesehead as a compliment. I'll have my clubs no matter what and if I have to I will go out alone.

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Randy, Up here we take being called a cheesehead as a compliment. I'll have my clubs no matter what and if I have to I will go out alone.

I know- and wish you had beaten the crap out of Eli and Co. Just make sure you get to Playa Grande, I've played that course since it first opened (think it was 1996) and the views are outstanding- take a camera.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Thanks everyone for replying.

Actually the GB stands for Green Bay (Wisconsin in the US). For those of you who follow American Football, I live about 2 miles from Lambeau Field. I should have rethought my moniker when I signed up on an international board.

Bushbaby, if the fact I'm not from Great Britain doesn't hurt the fact, I would love to go out on the 10th, or any other day between the 6th and the 12th, besides the 9th (going whale watching that day). I'll be glad to pay for your gas , drinks and food.

Hey how can I get on this VIP list?????

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hey how can I get on this VIP list?????
Just get your butt up to Playa Grande for 08.30 on Sunday 10th. Bring HB with you & you'll be DOUBLY welcome. Hey, we are so VIP that we will even let you buy the drinks!!!

All I ask of you Chip is to forego the Foriegn Legion Headgear I saw you wearing on the course at Santiago - it will clash with my Purple Feather Boa (courtesy of Festero who is ALSO due down that weekend as I recall)!! GadZooks ............. that will be 4 maybe FIVE North Americans I'll be playing with!! Any BRITS want to come & slum it with me just to even things out a bit??:cheeky: :pirate: Okay, if no true blue Brits. I'll make do with upper crust CANADIANS! :bunny: :ermm: :bunny::bunny::bunny:

GB_Gentleman ............. It looks like we have ourselves A CONVOY!! (Queue Music!!). ~ Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hey cheesehead- you will be about 1/2hr away from Playa Grande.

You obviously haven't travelled that road recently Randy Old Son!!!! The road through Cabarete is being dug up every day & the potholes have increased all along through Gasper Hernandez to Rio San Juan so as to now make it a 45 minute journey minimum from Cabarete!! If I do this journey many more times I'll have to get you to bring down some new Shock absorbers!!

Still worth the trip though!! Check your PM please Randy - need some details from you!! ~ Grahame.:ermm:;)

GB_Gentleman

Nov 8, 2007
Outstanding, Just remember that I have not touched my clubs since October, but making fun of my game is still an option. Time to go to the heated driving range and see if I can make the little white thing travel forward.

Just for proper introductions, my name is Cary. 42 years old. Plays with computers (IT Manager) for a living.

Since I am forgoing a rental car during my stay, do I need to get a cab, or can you give me a ride Bushbaby.

What is the dress code at the course, and what is normally worn? If everyone is going to be in shorts, I would hate to stand out in long pants or vice versa.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Just get your butt up to Playa Grande for 08.30 on Sunday 10th. Bring HB with you & you'll be DOUBLY welcome. Hey, we are so VIP that we will even let you buy the drinks!!!

All I ask of you Chip is to forego the Foriegn Legion Headgear I saw you wearing on the course at Santiago - it will clash with my Purple Feather Boa (courtesy of Festero who is ALSO due down that weekend as I recall)!! GadZooks ............. that will be 4 maybe FIVE North Americans I'll be playing with!! Any BRITS want to come & slum it with me just to even things out a bit??:cheeky: :pirate: Okay, if no true blue Brits. I'll make do with upper crust CANADIANS! :bunny: :ermm: :bunny::bunny::bunny:

GB_Gentleman ............. It looks like we have ourselves A CONVOY!! (Queue Music!!). ~ Grahame.

Thanks for the invite, I will do my best to be there. BTW, what is the fee and should I buy the discount card to get a better rate?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Thanks for the invite, I will do my best to be there. BTW, what is the fee and should I buy the discount card to get a better rate?
Heck, I might even be able to make it!

Be afraid...:eek:gre:

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Hey GB if you need a ride, I?ll be more than glad to offer....as long as beer and gas is included....let me know by PM

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
So, .....................

...... so far we have commitment to play from:-

GB_Gentleman
GWB (Bushbaby)
Hammerdown (where do you live Good Buddy?)
Oldislandsman

Possibles of
Cobraboy
Festero
Chip
Hillbilly (once I talk him into it)

Any more for any more?? What about tflea, TWhitehead, Ted, The 'Other halves' of spicedwine & LindseyKaufman?? If we get enough & we could turn this into an annual competition, I could put up an old brass trophy that looks like 'The Claret Jug' to play for! ~ Grahame.

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
This SUCKS!!!!

My coaching duties aren't over till the end of Feb. CRAP! Maybe some of you guys might want to get out again between March 9 and 14..........

Status
Not open for further replies.