Grand Paradise

amandalynn

Oct 5, 2007
i will be traveling to bavaro in march and am planning on staying at the grand paradise. i was wondering if anyone has stayed there. i would like to know what they thought about it.

lauramarie1514

Jul 18, 2007
hi5.com
Hello Amandalynn,

I have stayed at the GranParadise, it wasn't the nicest hotel, nothing really worked, alot of sankies and the food was gross! However, the beach was absolutly beautiful! The workers are very helpful and you will be close by to the local city life which I recommend to def check out, you will have a great time! I have been back to the dr 4 times after my vaction, and I love it so much, I will be moving there in 2 weeks! Have fun, pm me if you have anyquestions

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
My family was there just last week and I must say I was very disappointed. I live in the area and have seen many hotels and this one unfortunately rates at the bottom of my list.

They were in the new area which they call VIP Club although of the VIP they were missing the V and the I. Just to give you an idea, from the VIP Club lobby to our room, it was a 15 minute walk. They're so far away from the old area that to get to the beach, you have to take a train that goes back and forth constantly (through the swamp) or take a 15 minute walk (from one stop to the other, additional to the initial 15 minute walk if you're close to the lobby).

There's still a lot of construction going on, personnel missing and it's easy to tell that everthing was finished at the last minute and things were rushed. I heard of at least 4 rooms that had water filtration through the ceiling, in one the brand new jacuzzi didn't work, the tv remotes only change the channels by pressing the number you want (bellboy told me they changed them all to cheap universal remotes to avoid losing the expensive one), the flat pannels are nice but the image wasn't too clear, when it rained the hallways filled up with water and it was almost a slip and slide competition to get to the room, same with the balconies... and on and on. The buffet restaurants in the new area are ok at best (normally cold and bland) but every day they would run out of bread or juice or forks/spoon/knives or napkins. The poor waiters run their feet off trying to satisfy everyone but 5 waiters for over 70 tables is NOT enough. We ended up setting our own table every morning to help them out... The pools in this area are ok but what most people look for on vacation is THE BEACH. Unfortunately, they've now got around 2000 rooms for a very small slice of beach, and it's not enough. The chairs are all lined up 8 or 9 deep on the beach and in a line around the pool where spots in the shade are tough to find. I really could go on but I think you're getting the general idea.

The staff is really doing everything they can but in my opinion the owners are trying to squeeze every cent out of the property possible and have forgotten what good customer service is. I personally would not return.

laspinas76

Jun 13, 2006
Amandalyn,

I was in Grand Paradise in Sept 06, that hotel is really awful, compared to all the other hotels I stayed in. My friend got sick when we ate at the Chinese restaurant. They are not very friendly. The room I got was ok, but when the shower faucet fell off it took them the whole day to fix and we had to use another hotel room to take a shower after coming back from the beach.

I would think twice before going to the hotel..

When in March are you going? I am going there on March 6- 15.

Note: you never pm'd me back.

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
Run.....FAST AND FAR !!!!

I work at this hotel and it is TERRIBLE !!! Spend the extra $$$ and pay for something worthwhile.....you'll be dissapointed FOR SURE !!!

cdngirl08

Aug 19, 2008
I was at this hotel in July and was nearly driven mad by a determined sanky (waiter to be exact). What a pest that guy was! lol Anyway...I have to agree that the service at this hotel is very mediocre and the main section( where I stayed is no frills). I didn't go to the Club section, so I can't comment on how things are over there. I'd go some place else in the future. I'd only go back there if I got a super cheap deal and I'd go back to visit the sanky. I'd show him how good at baseball I am...I got the bat and his head could be the ball! LMAO I'll have to tell the story on another post sometime.

theman

Aug 25, 2008
Well, I was there in June 2008 and had a blast, the hotel is nice for a 4* food was good. The hotel is divie in 3 parts, I stayed in the one in the middle, it was just recently built I had a suite, realllllllll nice, with 2 plasma TV a huge Jaccuzi in the room. Nothing to complain, except that's it's far from all the local activities. Punta Cana is more for AI hotel that's it's. For night life North coast is way better.