Why are some people so mean and ugly?

Sadams

Feb 23, 2007
I am looking for a little help for a problem that I feel somewhat responsible for. In March I was married to a wonderful man in Santiago. He was employed at a company for 9 years and was fired on Friday. His boss was a woman and when she found out he was married to a Americana, she has given him nothing, but problems. She is not a very nice person.

I have spoken to his previous boss from this same company and he told me that my husband was a hard, dedicated and loyal employee. But, she has had it in for him since March. What a witch! What goes around, comes back around!

Why do some people have to be so mean and ugly?

My husband was supporting his mother, grandmother, brother and uncle. He will not except money from me. I feel horrible, as this would not have happend if he had not married me.

If any DR1 member's know of anyone looking for a excellent employee with available position's for him in Santiago, please let me know. After all, this is the least I can do for him ( a little networking).
Thank you so much.
Susanne

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
With 9 years working at a company, after getting fired he will be getting a huge amount of severance, maybe even enough to live and support family for a year.

Or, he's indirectly asking you to send money.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I presume that this is not the same husband as in this post?
http://www.dr1.com/forums/sankie-101/58934-i-cant-believe-i-fell-12.html#post494673
Lexi honey be so careful, I to fell hard and was to marry my D.R. prince. to make a long 1 year story short. This prince and his family was in for the loot. the family made me feel so welcome ( the daughter they truly loved) I would go to his family casa and stay for a few days, and really felt that they loved me. Low and behold this prince was married and had a child. I have no idea where they hid the wife and child when i would go there to stay, hell she was probably one of the so called sisters and was sleeping in the next room that her husband and I was sleeping in. I called it dominican island
voodoo, everyone tried to warn me but I wouldn't listen. yes there was signs but.... I was in love and choose to ignore them, i not saying he is true to you just, be careful and if you see signs, please don't ignore. I can tell you sooo much more not out of time. I'll be in touch.

Sadams

Feb 23, 2007
Hi Chris,
I did pm Anna with the answer's to her questions. I am in the USA. I received the information from his previous boss who is still employed there. And he has been telling me since March, that this lady had it in for him as she is a very jealous, selfish person. Not only to him, but to anyone there that she may think has more than herself. She is never happy for anything or anyone. I can tell you one thing, she is only hurting herself in the long run. We all know and it has happen to every company, it is not easy to find good honest, dependable people.

Sadams

Feb 23, 2007
Not me

Sorry Rocky that wasn't me! It's not easy to pull over anything on me. As I don't fall for much! I have pulled it all, so I am wise to tricks!!!!!!

Sadams

Feb 23, 2007
Oh wait!

Sorry Rocky! That was me! I forgot about him! haha! That was my first boyfriend! I just don't see why his former boss would stick up for him if it wasn't so.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi Chris,
I did pm Anna with the answer's to her questions. I am in the USA. I received the information from his previous boss who is still employed there. And he has been telling me since March, that this lady had it in for him as she is a very jealous, selfish person. Not only to him, but to anyone there that she may think has more than herself. She is never happy for anything or anyone. I can tell you one thing, she is only hurting herself in the long run. We all know and it has happen to every company, it is not easy to find good honest, dependable people.

The reason I asked what kind of work he is qualified to do is becasue you are posting in the employment forum and asking if anyone can help with a job. It would help if you posted here what kind of work he can do or is looking for.

You might even want to mention here where he worked ;)

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Sorry Rocky! That was me! I forgot about him! haha! That was my first boyfriend! I just don't see why his former boss would stick up for him if it wasn't so.

So, about three months after the first boyfriend, you married the 2nd one. And now the 2nd one (DR Husband number 1) has been fired from his job of 9 years in Santiago? Do I have it correct?

If I do, we still don't know what DR Husband number 1 does for a living. So, what jobs is he wanting to apply for?

I just saw Anna and I are on one page again ;) It is just a matter of time .. then .. mars and venus here we come!

Last edited:

Sadams

Feb 23, 2007
nearly 3 years later

No Chris, it was almost 3 years later when I married, after the first boyfriend.

Sadams

Feb 23, 2007
Inventory dept

Chris he was in the inventory dept, which consist of taking the inventory and comprising it on the computer to send reports to the president of the company.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
With 9 years working at a company, after getting fired he will be getting a huge amount of severance, maybe even enough to live and support family for a year.

Or, he's indirectly asking you to send money.

You took the words out of my mouth :)

Sadams, are you aware of the labor laws in the DR?

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Make sure you list his language skills. If he is really bilingual (which I am presuming because you seem to speak English) then there ARE good jobs out there. I'm not familiar with Santiago's job scene but as I've said before, there ARE jobs in SPM for English speakers. PM me if you or anyone is interested in this info. Excellent English are required (Spanish Not req'd), as are: basic computer skills and excellent people/communication skills.

From what I understand, there are also more call center jobs opening up in SD, so depending on whether he is willing to relocate or how close to Santiago he is (some people refer to the general region as Santiago when in fact they aren't that far from SD.)

Good luck. After having been recently royally screwed by a landlady simply because we are US Foreign Nationals--I BELIEVE IT! Dh and I were in a fierce battle (with each other) because I insisted we bring a lawyer in right away and he delayed. The sangujera landlady kept threatening that she had a lawyer but would never produce the lawyer's number for OUR lawyer to call. All 3 lawyers we consulted said hands down we would win in court but it would cost us 3x what was at stake and DR courts don't like to give legal compensation. I was willing to fight, but dh wasn't!

My advice is stay your ground. If you can come here SUDDENLY and check out the situation, all the better. You can say you are just being supportive and were REALLY concerned (which you sound) about the well-being of everyone. Then if you feel you want to give money, do so...but helping fight the battle would be better as would a non-hostile work environment.

Last edited:

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I'm still in the process of digesting this story....well by tomorrow I'll let you know....for now I'll sleep on it. Weird.