Gifts to bring for girls

kpietrop

Jan 28, 2008
Hello,

My boyfriend and I will be vacationing in the DR Feb 9th-16. We are flying into Santo Domingo and driving to Puerto Plata. We plan to bring baseballs, gloves etc....for chirldren along the way. We know the boys will like that, but wanted to know what the girls might like. Dolls? Clothes? We plan on packing some school supplies too, but any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Karen

Kat1144

Nov 23, 2007
They really like it all... I usually take a variety of things. School supplies is always a good thing for both girls & boys.Thanks for your generous heart.Have a great time in DR!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
They really like it all...

That is the truth.

For the most part the kids have nothing at all and anything you can give them they are most grateful. You really don't need to spend much as you can usually find some great bargains at your local thrift shop and the $1 store has some great items.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Hello,

My boyfriend and I will be vacationing in the DR Feb 9th-16. We are flying into Santo Domingo and driving to Puerto Plata. We plan to bring baseballs, gloves etc....for chirldren along the way. We know the boys will like that, but wanted to know what the girls might like. Dolls? Clothes? We plan on packing some school supplies too, but any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Karen

Perfect, don't forget shoes too if you can handle it. Especially the sandal types that close with velcro that you get for Walmart from US10 to 20.

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Bigbird had the best answer...Along the way huh? You better be driving a truck full because when you give here they will rush you by the dozens with open hands..Don't stop too often unless you have enough for hundreds...
Because it's a long way between Santo Domingo and Puerto Plata....

Last edited:

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
Little dolls, little stuffed animals, etc. I bought a couple of dolls for two daughters of a friend who had never had a doll in their lives and they were thrilled.

kpietrop

Jan 28, 2008
Gifts to give

Thank you all for your posts...your advice was very helpful and we will put it to good use. We will make sure we only stop at places where we know we have enough gifts to distribute to all the children in the area. We are really looking forward to the trip and all the experiences we will have. Thanks again!:)

Karen