Majestic Colonial Punta Cana Resort

missingstthomas

Feb 1, 2008
Hello! We will be traveling to the DR in June and staying at the Majestic Colonial Resort. We booked a junior suite (with 2 queen beds). Does anyone have any information regarding which building (and floor) to stay in? As I understand it, some of the suites have outside jacuzzis? Does anyone know which suites have the jacuzzis outside? Also, is there fishing right on the resort - if so do you need a fishing license? Would bringing a metal detector be worth it to comb the beach?

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
MC is an excellent resort which is consistently rated in the top 2 or 3 in Punta Cana. Unless you have booked a Majestic Junior Suite or Colonial Junior Suite any upgrade to one of these (the ones with an outside jacuzzi) will entirely be at the discretion of the hotel and it is possible that none of these rooms have two beds but only one king. For specific questions you can contact me or there is a contact at the resort by the name of Richard who may be contacted at pr2@majesticcolonial.com Part of his job is to answer internet based inquiries.

Fishing is available through DR1 poster MikeFisher, you may contact him by PM or e-mail at www.dr1.com/forums/members/mikefisher.html but I would not recommend fishing on the beach (too many people).

In the two stays we have had at this resort I have yet to see anyone with a metal detector but if that's what floats your boat I can't see any reason not to bring one.

Gregg