For the language buffs and charitable posters

puertoplataexpat

Jan 6, 2008
Hi everyone,
I am a newby at posting on the forums, but have been reading for a long time. So i just thought some you guys, especially the ones who like words, might like to take a look at this?

FreeRice

I also know alot of you are very charitable....although unfortunately its not d.r. related, it is free, educational, and my Spanish helped me with quite a few of the definitions.

Hope you give it a go..:squareeye

puertoplataexpat

Jan 6, 2008
Yes it is quite addictive, guessed that was why it took a little while for anyone to reply. :paranoid:

You can also use the options menu on the site to "save game". That way you see a running total of your donation and see if your vocabulary is improving.

At least your getting addicted for a good cause :cheeky:

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
Fantastic. I wonder if one can change it into spanish. But if the U.N. will give rice for every wild guess that I get correct, hell, thats worth an hour of my time even IF I am learning something!

A

apostropheman

very good!

unfortunately i couldn't surpass 42 although i did donate 1200 grains of rice. :D

hasta ma?ana!

DOMINCAN BOY

On Vacation!
Jun 6, 2006
Hi everyone,
I am a newby at posting on the forums, but have been reading for a long time. So i just thought some you guys, especially the ones who like words, might like to take a look at this?

FreeRice

I also know alot of you are very charitable....although unfortunately its not d.r. related, it is free, educational, and my Spanish helped me with quite a few of the definitions.

Hope you give it a go..:squareeye

Posted by Paddy 01-25-2008, 12:45 PM

http://www.dr1.com/forums/clown-bin/71139-free-rice-more.html

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
Thanks that is a great cause and it gives you a chance to test your vocabulary. Good stuff.

puertoplataexpat

Jan 6, 2008
Hi Paddy'
Sorry didn't realise it had been posted before....but what was it doing in the Clown Bin???? A little explanation as to what the link was for would have helped too.

Glad you are all giving it ago...that'll be a zillion more grains of rice then...and new words to bandy about on the forums.