The most beautiful town

K

Katia

I don't think you can pick one specific town or exact place as the most beautiful in DR. I've visited many areas in DR and they all have their own beauty.

The beaches in Punta Cana are amazing. The rivers in La Vega are pretty and calm. Like I said, it depends.

Katia

N

Natasha

Are you kidding :)
There are too many beautiful towns to mention. Personally, I like Mao.

Regards,
Natasha

H

Hillbilly

Does that mean you "love Mao??"

sorry natasha, couldn't resist the "insider's " Joke!! I am/was c?dula 11151-34 Mae?o!!

HB

H

Hillbilly

My picks..

For different reasons:
Constanza
Samana
Santiago

Constanza because it has the coldest water of any city on the island and is nestled in a hig valley 3000+ feet above sea level.
Samana for the intense greenery all over and the ocean front, back and side. (and the people)
Santiago, because of its historical center and beautiful avenues....certainly not the more modern parts...

But each one has its own enchantment....

J

Jo Anne

Re: Mao!

Mao is beautiful, I agree! I have never seen more beautiful sunsets in my life than during those three evenings I spent there. I also enjoyed the tranquility of the River Mao and the families and the children playing in the river. I ate at a restaurant there called Falar? that I still talk about because of the ambiance, the friendly service, and the wonderful experience of eating outdoors with the merengue/bachata playing in the background.

A

Al

San Pedro is a beutiful town?,i am dominican and i am still
looking for the beauty of this town.Maybe the people but not
the town.

G

george

Katia/Natasha - Both right

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I lived in San Pedro a few years in the seventies. Wore rubber
boots for the mud in rain and a bandana or surgical mask in the
heat for the dust...very little pavement back then.

But I also loved a woman very deeply, wound up with a house
in front of the water and did good work. My son was concieved
in San Pedro de Macoris.

For all the dust and mud, delapidation of years of neglect back
at that time...it was a very very beautiful town.

Was back there 4 months ago, most of the 70's problems have been
corrected.

There are many more beautiful towns, it was just beautiful to me,
and still is in a way.

D

Dummy

Paraiso and Los Patos (Barahona) are my favorites. Those towns are real small, but nice and quiet. The entire coast there is incredibly beautiful.

N

Natasha

Re: Does that mean you "love Mao??"

ROTFLOL!!!

Hillbilly, I can't believe you know that joke...LOL!

Regards,
Natasha

H

Hillbilly

Re: Mao! FYI

that is why mao is known as the "Villa de las bellas Atardeceres y las 'buenas' mujeres" * Believe me I know! I married one of them!!

LOL

HB

*Translation: "The villa of the beautiful sunsets and the 'great' women"

H

Hillbilly

Re: Does that mean you "love Mao??"

Of course I do! everyone who is "serie 34" knows it!!
Glad you do too!!
HB

G

Gunnar

Re: My picks..

Up, up and up. Most tourists miss out on that. I take it the
initial mis-spelling ("picks") was either intentional, or
an understandable freudian slip.
/G

M

mariana

I agree that Mao is a very beautiful but most of all I love its
people. My family comes from Mao (Comas-Tio) and the love and happiness that runs through Mao it is difficult to find in any other place. Mariana

J

Jo Anne

Re: To Hillbilly or Mariana

Help! I know of the "bellos atardeceres" quote but is it true that there is a poem about Mao from which that is a line? If so, do either of you know where I can get a copy of that poem and who is the author? I fell in love with Mao visiting my sponsored child and his family. I have so many fond memories of the people, his family, and of course, my "ahijado." I would appreciate any info you could give. Also, the next time I visit, is there a hotel in Mao? I stayed in Santiago and the trip there and back cut into the time I wanted to visit with him. Thanks!

N

Neshko

I need any help from anyone friend who may help me on my immigration in DR. If somenone have something from me please be a friend and send me on my e-mail.

Thanks!