I Need a Job near Santo Domingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddman1

Feb 3, 2008
Hi, I am an experienced DR Long Term Traveler! I have an awesome Sales and Media resume. Does anybody have any media contacts? I speak some Spanish and could work in Radio in Santo Domingo or for a company like Listen Diario. Any advice you could give to this new member would be awesome. I know the city pretty well too. I'll be there on February 23rd!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Ya, enough of the same posts on DR1. One is enough, you don't need to post multiple times your looking for a job. If you have a very specific question, fine.

If your Spanish is weak, forget media sales for the likes of the Listen etc. They sell to the local market and really couldn't careless about your gringo credentials etc.

I have a Chilean friend that has owned and managed plenty of radio stations in Canada. He can sell and I mean sell! He still has problems here because he's not Dominican. It takes time and networking is the key in this business in the DR.

Since the banks by law are not allowed to own radio/media anymore, the bottom has dropped out of the radio ad market. If you have the cash, plenty of stations available to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.