looking for road in Santiago

DQ2U2

Feb 7, 2008
Does anyone know where CALLE 1ERA is in Santiago. or better yet does someone have a map with this road on it?
Thanx
d

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
calle primera = 1st street. let me tell you, many barrios have a 1st street. So please give more info. what barrio are you looking into?

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Just looked over the whole map with 150 to 200 listed. You need to be a bit more specific. Like near: urb. Jardines Dorado or Cerro Alto. Anything: like N,S,E or W of the monument. Near what major road. Detailed maps of Santiago are hard to find. I showed my map of Santiago to a publico driver i know and he could not find his barrio and I had it marked with a small asterik on the map.

DQ2U2

Feb 7, 2008
Manzana = Block

;)Ok..now I am on a roll.

All I have is Calle 1ERA Manzana B Edif

I am guessing it is somewhere near the Airport in Santiago

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
After Los Alamos/Monte Verde not many barrios listed on the map till it ends before the airport heading down Autopista Duarte. Might be listed on some map but doubt it will show the streets. I have found places on Google Earth that are not listed on the map. Not sure when this one came out but it was bought in SD over 5 years ago. Have not been able to find the same one in Santiago.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago

A direct translation would be 1st St., Block B and apparantly "edif" is short for edificio, which means building. Therefore, this appears to be a business address. You are going to have to provide the area of the town or business name to get any further.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Found La Loteria across from PUCMM off Salvador Estrella. All the streets have names like La Vega, Duarte and Samana. Seems all the streets are named after DR cities or places.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
;)

How are you guessing that???
There are tons of C-1 or "Calle 1ERA" in most Barrios. If I had a nickel for every C-1, C-2 & C-3, I've come across, I'll be rich!! Give us another clue.

DQ2U2

Feb 7, 2008
Oh my GOD !
How do you find people down there? That sounds very confusing.
So I need to find the Barrio to go any further.
I see what you are talking about on the maps... I didnt know those were
Calle 1ERAs ... Dang
Double DANG

How far is La Loteria from the Airport?

Well Ill go find more data.

Thanx
D

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004

Are you talking about the old inactive airport in the city of Santiago or the New Active airport southeast of the city? I have some friends that live near the active airport, I think there is a Calle 1 near there, but it is like 5 miles outside the city.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Look, get the whole direction for god's sake and make it easier for all of us.
la loteria is right next to PUCMM university and the airport is in the boonies. The active airport is in the middle of nowhere so forget about any barrios there with real street names or numbers. licey al medio is the only place which is close by the airport and licey is full of unknown name barrios.
So how did you guess it was la loteria?
AB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
For the recored, there are many Calle 1's here in Santiago. If you don't have the area or barrio name forget it, you will never find it.

Also, I thought you already established that it was in La Loteria? Just because they show no Calle 1 on the map doesn't mean a whole lot. Also, is this a business or personal residence? Do you know that if you have a name of either you can probably get the pone number and call them to ask for directions too?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Who are you looking for anyway? By the amount of info you got from him/her, I have a feeling this person is not very well educated or else he/she would have given you the full direction example: name / number of street, number on the building and apartment number and the barrio where it belongs to. This is the only way we get complete address.
AZB

DQ2U2

Feb 7, 2008
Actually I am trying to extrapulate the full address from a letter writen in spanish and I dont speak Spanish, Im very sorry to say.
But I have learned so much about Santiago I want to visit soon. In fact I think I want to sell my house in the US and move right now.
You have all been so helpful.

Yes, Ill call and get the entire address.

I thought I had it... Thought is was like in the US ie RT 1 as in a major highway or something.

Anywho...
Thanx
D