Looking to Invest

biriwi

Feb 20, 2008
I know a guy looking to invest $10MM minimum in the DR, on an acceptable project, where the loan to cost is 85% and all entitlements are in place (or very close). Serious responses only. NOT LOOKING FOR RESIDENTIAL LISTINGS or pie in the sky projects. Something solid.

I will need to present him with Executive Summary, business plan and current progress.

Best Regards

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I know a guy looking to invest $10MM minimum in the DR, on an acceptable project, where the loan to cost is 85% and all entitlements are in place (or very close). Serious responses only. NOT LOOKING FOR RESIDENTIAL LISTINGS or pie in the sky projects. Something solid.

I will need to present him with Executive Summary, business plan and current progress.

Best Regards
I don't know what $10MM is.
10 million million US dollars?
Anyhow, the only biz you might attract with this approach is freaks and scammers.
There is but one way to do it and that would be to know folks here who are good in biz and 100% honest, folks whom you can trust.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
As Rocky has stated, you need to be here if your serious about investing that type of money. My advice is to ignore any emails or PM's you might get due to this post, or at least post their details on the board, so those of us that have lived here for a while can verify the validity of the proposal.

biriwi

Feb 20, 2008
I do NOT have $10 million dollars. Hopefully I did not come across that way. This money is to be invested by a group whom, based on their experience, I assume has universal standard of operations and due diligence. I will definitely take the advice. I will be there in March and I will investigate the proper way, in order not to get shanked.

PS to Rocky:

MM is a pretty standard abbreviation for million. Google it. The comment was unnecessary even if I was wrong. Typos happen to people. Thanks for the sarcasm though.

biriwi

Feb 20, 2008
What does this group usually invest in? What is their scope of business? What do they feel comfortable with?

It's a Real Estate Investment Group. If I tell you that I have in-depth knowledge about their holdings, I'd be lying. I'm gonna do some homework before going to DR in March.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Homework for sure

It's a Real Estate Investment Group. If I tell you that I have in-depth knowledge about their holdings, I'd be lying. I'm gonna do some homework before going to DR in March.

In another thread you say

"1. I know someone managing an International REIT willing to get me involved since his group is starting to show interest in my beautiful native land."

Here you say it is a "Real Estate Investment Group"

In your first post here you say you "know a guy" who wants to invest

So what are you dealing with here, a REIT, a Group or a guy?

Typically there is a big difference between a REIT and a Real Estate Investment Group. Most REITs in Canada and the US receive special tax treatment based on the type of and geographical location of their investments. It would surprise me if a REIT is able to invest outside of the country from which it is receiving the tax incentive.

I agree with you, you do need to do some homework.

biriwi

Feb 20, 2008
In another thread you say

"1. I know someone managing an International REIT willing to get me involved since his group is starting to show interest in my beautiful native land."

Here you say it is a "Real Estate Investment Group"

In your first post here you say you "know a guy" who wants to invest

So what are you dealing with here, a REIT, a Group or a guy?

Typically there is a big difference between a REIT and a Real Estate Investment Group. Most REITs in Canada and the US receive special tax treatment based on the type of and geographical location of their investments. It would surprise me if a REIT is able to invest outside of the country from which it is receiving the tax incentive.

I agree with you, you do need to do some homework.

Easy, sir. I'm flirting with something different from what I know. Identifying a project and referring it doesn't require a International Real Estate Certification. It's a guy managing a REIG. For purposes of simplification I said "a guy" at first. Because of a typo I messed up the acronym. I'll do my homework, thanks for the life coaching.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
PS to Rocky:

MM is a pretty standard abbreviation for million. Google it. The comment was unnecessary even if I was wrong. Typos happen to people. Thanks for the sarcasm though.
My question was sincere.
I simply did not know what it meant.
Sometimes, folks assume I know everything, as I am so well traveled and a prolific poster, but the truth is that I'm only of average intelligence and am not the all knowing person that some folks think I am.
There was no sarcasm in my question.

biriwi

Feb 20, 2008
My question was sincere.
I simply did not know what it meant.
Sometimes, folks assume I know everything, as I am so well traveled and a prolific poster, but the truth is that I'm only of average intelligence and am not the all knowing person that some folks think I am.
There was no sarcasm in my question.

Sorry. In the 24 hours that I've been posting here, I've learned that the better your defense mechanism, the better off you are. People are ready to eat you alive for minute stuff!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Sorry. In the 24 hours that I've been posting here, I've learned that the better your defense mechanism, the better off you are. People are ready to eat you alive for minute stuff!
New posters often do get a rough deal.
It's a tough world sometimes, but if you knew how many fools, trolls, sockpuppets, spammers and scammers who post here, you would understand why we are tough on newbies.
We need to maintain the integrity of the site.

biriwi

Feb 20, 2008
New posters often do get a rough deal.
It's a tough world sometimes, but if you knew how many fools, trolls, sockpuppets, spammers and scammers who post here, you would understand why we are tough on newbies.
We need to maintain the integrity of the site.

Understood.