Question about Cayo Levantado hotel

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
I got this question sent as a PM at a tourist site I frequent.

"My cousin is getting married there in May and I checked out the hotel prices and they are a ridiculous $470/night! We wanted to stay in Samana and go to the island for the wedding. I heard that you cannot go onto the hotel grounds if you do not have a room. Is this true? Can you not even go to a restaurant in the hotel? Any advise would be great."

Well, is this possible? And if not (which I can totally understand, which hotel would like strangers coming onto their grounds?), can they visit the grounds by buying a day pass or can they do it if they stay at another Gran Bah?a Pr?ncipe hotels?

Thanks in advance.

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Of couse, you can visit the island. Just grab a boat at the pier and tell them you want to go to el Cayo. I was there 3 years ago and let me tell you, it's just beautiful. Cristal clear water and very clean. There're a bunch of store-huts for you to buy booze and food. Go to 'La Popola'. The owner is from Hungry, at least when I was there. Lobsters and Tostones are delicious and don't forget the wash it down with a nice cold Presidente. Enjoy !

Zeus (even to Gods go to el Cayo Levantado).

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Of couse, you can visit the island. Just grab a boat at the pier and tell them you want to go to el Cayo. I was there 3 years ago and let me tell you, it's just beautiful. Cristal clear water and very clean. There're a bunch of store-huts for you to buy booze and food. Go to 'La Popola'. The owner is from Hungry, at least when I was there. Lobsters and Tostones are delicious and don't forget the wash it down with a nice cold Presidente. Enjoy !

Zeus (even to Gods go to el Cayo Levantado).[/QUOTE

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm. heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Yes you can visit the island but only the public part, not the resort area. We checked into this very thing. The price does come down as it becomes more out of season but it is still high. Now its $175.00 per person per night. Try bookit.com, seems the cheapest. We stayed there last year for $65.00 per person per night while they were getting everything in shape. Send them an email ventas1samana@samana.bahia-principe.com with any questions.