Sosua by the Sea

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmc

Jun 10, 2007
Searched for reviews/info on this hotel but wasn't successful.

I live in the country and would like to get away to stay in a nice resort in Sosua for some R&R for a night or 2 ...I normally stay in Cabarete at smaller non-AI hotels but want to try Sosua this time. I saw that this hotel has AI, breakfast/dinner included, or just breakfast included. I am leaning at booking for the breakfast/dinner price so that I can still try a couple of the local places on my own for lunch.

Anyone have a review/recent trip report for this place? Or perhaps a link to a previous post that I might have missed.

drmc

Jun 10, 2007
good food? good location as far as being close to things? do you know if its the typical tourist crowd, older people or younger people?

drmc

Jun 10, 2007
Thanks everyone ...sounds good to me ...most likey will book for a few days in April.

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
Reviews can be found at tripadvisor.com, although I recommend you take all reviews from that site with a grain of salt. Anyone can post pretty much anything there, and it appears a lot of hoteliers 'shill' for themselves or even run down other hotels.

Check out a few reviews of a few hotels and you might see a pattern.

As for not being 'guest friendly', understand the poster is referring to the 'no ladies of lesser repute allowed' as opposed to being unfriendly to the guests :)

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Rocky suggested that I stay there and I enjoyed it very much. For food however I would rather eat at Rocky's

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Reviews can be found at tripadvisor.com, although I recommend you take all reviews from that site with a grain of salt. Anyone can post pretty much anything there, and it appears a lot of hoteliers 'shill' for themselves or even run down other hotels.

Check out a few reviews of a few hotels and you might see a pattern.

As for not being 'guest friendly', understand the poster is referring to the 'no ladies of lesser repute allowed' as opposed to being unfriendly to the guests :)

Hey Joe, seeing that your father owns the hotel what about a discount for the guy. He does own it, does he not?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Perhaps someone could take a drive down there and report if it is open for business?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
So I guess this thread is mute. The hotel must be closed for renovations.

It always amazes me when I read these kinds of posts!

info @ solazresort.ca e mail is NOT even valid!

Is this a Mute or a Moot point?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

It amazes me also, as I thought you were sharp enough to get the true meaning of that post.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

I can't say why, but I had a gut feeling that it wasn't for real.
As for the spelling, I'm not sure, but English might not be Sky's first language, but even if it is, it's one of those things that can even slip through the spellcheck, as both are proper words in English.

Status
Not open for further replies.