santiago current events.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The president was in town yesterday and 27 de feb. was closed down. there was a parade and Amet police and military had taken the whole city hostage. Thanks god, the president is gone and life is back to normal.

TGI fridays , as expected, is a big hit in santiago. Its far better than any TGI we have in USA. Its full every night and the jevitos can't seem to get enough of it.

Bembe is sold to someone else and it has changed it's name to Tambu. I drove by there on weekend and its empty; maybe it was the weekend after semana santa so people were still recovering from the 4 day partying. Lets see how it will transform in the next few weeks.

The former owner of bembe has opened a new disco/bar in the location of old Shakabana. The new disco is called "OVER". I was also empty over the weekend (again, maybe due to semana santa). he is doing concerts there example: kerubanda etc. I have a feeling, he will not last long there.

MIST disco, right across the street from AhiBar is out of businesses, just like the rest of the previous businesses. I am surprised they lasted that long. Seems like some other sucker is planing to open up a new bar there. I wish him good luck.

I have heard, Ambis is open again for business. This is all I know and I have not been there yet. I was never a big fan of ambis disco, so I don't see any reason to go there this time around. Surprising no one is talking about ambis in santiago.

Monumento has some new art-deco structures erected.

The cabanas turisticas are always almost 100% full in santiago. On weekends, its almost impossible to find an empty cabana anywhere in santiago. People have to wait outside the cabanas in line to get in on first available. Oh boy, I didn't know there were so many tourists in santiago to fill up all the cabana turisticas to max. hahahahahaha
AZB

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
ive only been to Santiago twice and wasnt impressed by the big bars/discos near the monumento. had more fun in smaller establishments or even colmados. or just hanging out in the parking lots of the monumento. DANG! didnt realize the cabanas were that full on the weekends! LOL i look forward to going back and seeing more of the city!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
cabanas are the only sure shot money making businesses in DR. have you ever seen a cabana half built and then left to rot? No, there are always enough funds to construct a beautiful cabana in DR.
AZB

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Lol

cabanas are the only sure shot money making businesses in DR. have you ever seen a cabana half built and then left to rot? No, there are always enough funds to construct a beautiful cabana in DR.
AZB

i'm in the wrong business here in NYC! Maybe I get a big CABANA LOAN and make me some cabanas to make some loot on the side! LOL
there are a lot in Santiago that I remember seeing on my drive in [towards the monumento]. I stayed in one i think called Eclipse? is this right AZB? my memory fails me sometimes...

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
The cabanas turisticas are always almost 100% full in santiago. On weekends, its almost impossible to find an empty cabana anywhere in santiago. People have to wait outside the cabanas in line to get in on first available. Oh boy, I didn't know there were so many tourists in santiago to fill up all the cabana turisticas to max. hahahahahaha
AZB

LOL they are full because all the bosses take their secretaries and all the married men, I mean some married men take their conquests of the week there, you already knew that anyway. :paranoid:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Not to mention the girls from the universities. Why do you think they go to universities all dressed up?
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
LOL they are full because all the bosses take their secretaries and all the married men, I mean some married men take their conquests of the week there, you already knew that anyway. :paranoid:

Just go to Corominas clinic and see how many doctors have knock out young secretaries working for them. Hahahaha. You think they were hired for their skill only? Oh well, maybe so. hahaha

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Just go to Corominas clinic and see how many doctors have knock out young secretaries working for them. Hahahaha. You think they were hired for their skill only? Oh well, maybe so. hahaha

I visited a clinic in La Vega and the dentist had a beautiful young secretary.

Attitude like you wouldn't believe(typical snotty NYC type) but she was fine as hell. Let me say that it was unusual because these women seem on average to be very friendly.

These chicas all hang out in the hallway gossiping because the doctors do not put in regular 8 hour days. Or if they do they work at other clinics.

And they look so fine in those uniforms...Ay, Dios Mio!!!!!!

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006

Yes I know someone at Corominas, beautiful blonde Cibaena, sweet voice, hmmm i always wondered why she never married, hmmmm, oops oh shoot, ok now I get it.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I visited a clinic in La Vega and the dentist had a beautiful young secretary.

Attitude like you wouldn't believe(typical snotty NYC type) but she was fine as hell. Let me say that it was unusual because these women seem on average to be very friendly.

T

Why they are so snotty? Do you know how many guys hit on them on daily basis? even the visitadores medicos hit on them, other doctors hit on them, the patients and even the delivery boys. these girls don't want anyone, they are already set with the rich doctor. Hahahah.
AZB

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Why they are so snotty? Do you know how many guys hit on them on daily basis? even the visitadores medicos hit on them, other doctors hit on them, the patients and even the delivery boys. these girls don't want anyone, they are already set with the rich doctor. Hahahah.
AZB

I did not say THEY were all snotty, only this particular one.

I was there with someone who was helping me translate any words I had trouble with-technical stuff like root canal and anything else I needed. I think it gave the poor girl complejo and she got catty and defensive.

You know how some women get when in the presence of a woman who can give them a run for their money and then some. :cheeky:

Besides, I did notice her beauty but wasn't too keen on hitting on anyone-they could keep their rich doctors for all I cared, I just wanted my toothache gone!!!!!!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Sorry, I misunderstood your post in the beginning. You have a point, women hate other women who are smarter then them and prettier in looks. Hahahaha.
AZB

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Since you guys mentioned it, I've noticed plenty of hot chicas working in offices all over Santiago, hotels, banks, bancas, airports, etc.. What a country!:knockedou

Also the ones I seen walking around wearign those blue or beige suits (uniforms) during lunch time.