Does Sol Dominicana still exist?

sherr630

Apr 8, 2008
Hi everyone. I am wondering if anyone knows if Sol Dominicana airlines still flies? I have gone to their main website and it says their site is down. Then I went to the corporate website - which exists, but I am unable to find any contact info.

I will be in Brazil for the month of June and would love to go from Sao Paolo direct to Santo Domingo after that and stop to visit friends in San Pedro de Macoris on my way home to NYC, but I am not sure this airline is even still in existence and if so how does one go about booking flights? thank you for your help.

Dominican_Titan

May 14, 2004
www.dr1.com
well for starts Sol Dominicana from what i know hasnt even made a first official flight yet. we keep getting news every now and then about Sol Dominicana but never anything concrete.

we do know they have a few aircrafts already including a Boeing 767-200 but havent heard anything lately about when they might start operations.
theres a guy in this forum named Davese wich claimed to be the nephew of the vice president of Sol..perhaps he might have better info about this airline.

its really a shame we havent been update about this airline since i had my hopes mostly on Sol Dominicana but so far the only dominican airline making any real progress is Air Dominicana.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
I am wondering how much moeny they've lost already? Maybe they've should read our messages here before planning this airline, it could've save a lot.

Dominican_Titan

May 14, 2004
www.dr1.com
I am wondering how much moeny they've lost already? Maybe they've should read our messages here before planning this airline, it could've save a lot.

lol really..wats the point of talking so much about and airline and giving people so much hope when nothing is concrete for them yet..supposely they had 18 million dollars to start with but makes you wonder...how much has gone to waste with all the parking space they need to pay for all those aircrafts they have with no use?

its really sad its been more than 2 month with not even the smallest news about them...