Have u ever heard of colombus aqua park ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
I think the last time i went there ( about 8 months ago ) the gringo tax was around 250 pesos.

To get there - depends where you start I guess. I would get a publico on the north coast road - if your coming from Sosua or Cab you want the bus that runs to POP. If you are coming from POP you want the bus that runs to Sosua - Cab.
Of course - you could cheat and get a taxi if your coming from Playa Dorada.

Not a bad day out if all the slides are working!

sybillecutey

May 16, 2007
We live in Santiago. I think we're gonna take a caribe tours to sosua, and from there we'll get a taxi !
Thanks for the info !
I didn't know they had water parks like this ! LOL. I looked it up on the web and it seemed pretty huge.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hopefully someone from Sosua will chime in - the last I heard it was closed. If you do take Caribe Tours, take it to Los Charamicos, Sosua and then take a taxi.

What about Kaskada Aqua park in Santiago?

Gregg

Last edited:

drmc

Jun 10, 2007
Agua Splash is in Santo Domingo.

Heard good things about Columbus Park, but I also heard it is closed until May for renovations.

J

John Evans

it was supposed to be closed for recontruction last year but i have never seen any work going on there- so i presume its still closed

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There was an unfortunate accident there awhile ago and a young kid was killed. I do not think they are open now. I pass it a lot and see no activity.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i was in columbus once, it seems to open only in the summer season anyway.
i was not having a good time on slides since i am scared of water and those fearless teenage morons jump head or arse first right in front of you, four of them at a time.
i am sure that if someone died in columbus it was one of those mental cases who go down the slide backwards, sideways, standing up or whatever silly way they come up with.
really, most of dominicans there were like kids - knowing no fear of death whatsoever...
i am, on the other hand a boring adult and did slides once only - scary stuff...

Princesa777

Apr 13, 2008
Yeah, I know Kaskada park,I've never been there though, I heard it sucks !

I went to both Cascada park and Columbus, I liked columbus better, but that was also because casada was PACKED (ofcourse I had to go there on some kind of holiday :ermm:) but it was also a lot strickter (i wasnt allowed to walk hand in hand with my husband) Some of the rides were more extreme and advanced then in Columbus though, but I think columbus had more different ones (its like 3 years ago that i went to either one of them, so i might be wrong)
Anyway I liked columbus better, they have a website and last i checked they said they were busy with constructions until march (i checked in march) dont know what happened after that...

pablo 809

Apr 15, 2008
yo

I want to go with my wife to a water park i live in sanfransisco de macoris,, whats better, kascada or columbus ?????????????????????????

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
I want to go with my wife to a water park i live in sanfransisco de macoris,, whats better, kascada or columbus ?????????????????????????

If you and your wife are looking for a refreshing experience they're both good.

Go to the one you have to drive less ;), Columbus in near La Union International airport and Kaskada is in La Avenida Hispanoamericana between el Centro Espa?ol and La Autopista Duarte.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Update

The owner had a crew of workers there to open the place up again. The Sindico wanted about $10,000 US for "permits" to do construction. The owner refused and put it up for sale today.

Status
Not open for further replies.