new arrivals

lacey

Mar 12, 2008
Hi to all. My husband and I have purchased a business in Sosua, a bar/restaurant. We will be moving to the DR in a couple months and are very excited. We are working on ideas--changes? My question is for you, the experts. What services are missing in the bars there? What would you like offered, keeping this clean of course. Menu? Drinks? Entertainment?

J

John Evans

no ribs or wings ..thats been done to death....errrrr bacon butties ? and nice cakes

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
What is the name/location of your new establishment?
You will do quite well as an absentee bar owner!
What were you thinking?

(NY Bagels are a commodity, not Lenders fakes!)

lacey

Mar 12, 2008
The bar is running now but not in our name. We don't take over until June. We are changing the name to Amigos. Changes won't happen until we take over. Currently it is the Jolly Roger.

lacey

Mar 12, 2008
Any suggestions out there about entertainment? Live bands? Movie night? We would appreciate your comments.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Bacon Butty-I just had to look it up

"The formula is: N = C + {fb (cm) . fb (tc)} + fb (Ts) + fc . ta, where N=force in Newtons required to break the cooked bacon, fb=function of the bacon type, fc=function of the condiment/filling effect, Ts=serving temperature, tc=cooking time, ta=time or duration of application of condiment/filling, cm=cooking method, C=Newtons required to break uncooked bacon. "

BBC NEWS | UK | England | West Yorkshire | Scientists' 'perfect' bacon butty

mob :classic:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
What sort of clientel are you going to be catering to?

Because I have noticed that the brothers really don't have a specific place in Sosua where they can hang out and listen to music that they like-I am not talking about rap music, but old school R&B and smooth jazz.

That would certainly be a change of pace. Because quite frankly I would like to hear something other than bachata and reggaeton while in the DR. I can save that for the disco.

Last edited:

lacey

Mar 12, 2008
Since we are new to the area we don't want to rule anyone out. Our options are open. As far as music goes we are fans of older R&R-70's and 80's stuff but we certainly don't rule out others likes. At this point nothing is written in stone. We are just gathering ideas.

J

John Evans

soups with decent bread,crepes,quiches,steak and guiness pie,nice salads and pastries and cakes did i mention cakes before
Let us have your thoughts and we will disect them in minute detail ...lol

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
soups with decent bread,crepes,quiches,steak and guiness pie,nice salads and pastries and cakes did i mention cakes before
Let us have your thoughts and we will disect them in minute detail ...lol

We really do not need any more FRUIT CAKES in Sosua!

tambo'

lacey

Mar 12, 2008
I used to have a bakery so would like to do pies, apple, pecan, lemon, etc. Also would like to to fish & chips, salads in edible bowls, more pub grub stuff but good, using fresh ingredients. Naturally great drinks to go with. Last visit I didn't see many icy drinks. Slushy versions. I can't live without them here in Canada when hot weather arrives. Your thoughts?

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
There are many variety of drinks here in Sosua - you can get a slushy lemonade that is delicious. What I have not found too much: fresh salads, whole grain bread, a soup that is natural and not salty, pies - I haven't found a good one yet, sandwiches made from whole grain bread. And it would be great to hear some R&B and old school music - not blasting - that would be just great. Oh -and comfortable chairs.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
You may consider live Blues once a week. Reta B. Is a great singer in Cabarete. Has a band and is reasonable. I think she would be available. PM me if your interested, when you get here and I'll have her contact you.