Delta Airlines and NWA to Merge!!!!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I don't see this as a good thing, as probably what will happen is they will start "rationalizing" routes, which may end with them eliminating current Delta flights to The DR. Notice Northwest does not currently fly to The DR so, I would assume they will want to eliminate those flights (unless they are very profitable)...all in all I don't see any benefit for the public, specially for us Dominicans. The only thing (in my case) is maybe I will be able to use my NWA miles in Delta flights...

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
oh crap! what does this mean for my trip later this summer. i have a ticket paid for via Delta from JFK-SDQ for august! dont tell me they are going to screw me over!

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Tomorrow Delta and Northwest Airlines will make an announcement about their merge.

Latino2002, How you feel about this news flying around the corner?

Santobonao...as right now...there will be no impact for no one...it will take few month to reorganize the company...the hub will still in ATL and they will use the Delta name...Lots of people will retired with this great voluntary program...As right now...this will be the bigger airlines in the world....I hope they will retired those DC-9 and MD-88.....ufffff...No comments.
I will be out of the country until wed...

Dominican_Titan

May 14, 2004
www.dr1.com
well the only good news this might bring to the dominican republic is that the posibilities of taking a Boeing 787 increases with NWA's order. and...thats about it i guess...

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
hey

Why people are so panic of Delta operations in Dominican Republic?, They not gonna leave 100 percent, but your route will be discontinue effective September 09, 2008.

you sure about this? what is your source? if so then i am safe! leaving sat aug 23rd and returning sept 7th! WOOOOOOOHA!!!! :bunny:

Dominican_Titan

May 14, 2004
www.dr1.com
lol its really cool how people all around the dominican aviation forums feel about Delta leaving the JFK routes to D.R. it shows how much delta was loved by most dominicans and it was really starting to give strong competition to AA. thanks to Delta's service people started to see de difference between an airline that treated you like crap (AA) and an airline with good service. its a pitty they decided to leave the marked like that but i guess its for their own good.

on the bright side it will give space for our own dominican airlines to have a better competition.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
you sure about this? what is your source? if so then i am safe! leaving sat aug 23rd and returning sept 7th! WOOOOOOOHA!!!! :bunny:
As right now delta is planning to stop operations from JFK-SDQ and JFK-STI...but not press releases as right now...

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I don't see this as a good thing, as probably what will happen is they will start "rationalizing" routes, which may end with them eliminating current Delta flights to The DR. Notice Northwest does not currently fly to The DR so, I would assume they will want to eliminate those flights (unless they are very profitable)...all in all I don't see any benefit for the public, specially for us Dominicans. The only thing (in my case) is maybe I will be able to use my NWA miles in Delta flights...

The new airline, called Delta, will be based in Atlanta and provide a combined 75,000 employees.
Delta will have executive offices in Atlanta, Minneapolis/St. Paul and New York, and international executive offices in Amsterdam, Paris and Tokyo. and there will be no hub closures.
The combined airline and its regional partners will provide access to more than 390 destinations in 67 countries.
Delta and Northwest together, will have more than $35 billion in aggregate annual revenue and operate a mainline fleet of nearly 800 aircraft.

for mor info see Delta and Northwest: Creating America's Premier Global Airline

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
As right now delta is planning to stop operations from JFK-SDQ and JFK-STI...but not press releases as right now...

My understanding is that the nonstops will end, but they'll continue to offer service connecting through the ATL hub. ATL-STI begins later this year.

Should result in fairly packed planes, which will preserve the routes.:glasses:

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
My understanding is that the nonstops will end, but they'll continue to offer service connecting through the ATL hub. ATL-STI begins later this year.

Should result in fairly packed planes, which will preserve the routes.:glasses:

ATLANTA-SANTO DOMINGO WILL USING 757-200
ATLANTA-PUNTA CANA WILL USING 757-200 AND MD80
ATLANTA-PUERTO PLATA WILL USING 757/738
ATLANTA-SANTIAGO,DR WILL USING 738
NEW YORK-PUNTA CANA WILL USING MIX OF 757 AND 738

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
ATLANTA-SANTO DOMINGO WILL USING 757-200
ATLANTA-PUNTA CANA WILL USING 757-200 AND MD80
ATLANTA-PUERTO PLATA WILL USING 757/738
ATLANTA-SANTIAGO,DR WILL USING 738
NEW YORK-PUNTA CANA WILL USING MIX OF 757 AND 738

ATL-POP has been reduced back down to 1 day a week. Not sure if there are plans to increase it, but for now, only Saturdays. Anybody got any info on that?

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Delta very expensive though... booked the other day ATL-POP May 8 return Aug 9. Was nearly $1200 on Delta, booked AA via Miami for $550. Would rather fly direct, but hey.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I think delta is still friday, saturday, sunday and monday out of pop to atl.
AZB