Visas for cruises

Eve Hayes

Jun 24, 2006
Hi -

My Dominican boyfriend and I are thinking of going with my parents on a cruise leaving La Romana in January 2009.

The ship visits:-

Barbados
St. Lucia
Guadeloupe
St. Kitts
Tortola

Does anyone have any idea what visas are required for a Dominican passport holder? I have read that for visits of under 24 hours, a visa is not required for Barbados for example. Does this apply to anywhere else?

I would be very interested to know or would be very grateful if there is a website where I can research this kind of information.

Thanks!

Eve Hayes

Jun 24, 2006
Thanks for all this info. I contacted the cruise line directly and they really weren't that helpful, especially as most of their passengers are from Europe. Pretty amazing really considering the amount of cruise ships that come to the DR...

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I was booked on Legend of the seas which ws sold as visa free for Dominicans as it only visited British and French islands which had no visa requirements for less than 24 hour stays. However, you are right it was changed when 57 Dominicans jumped ship in Guadaloupe and that country then insisted on a Schengen visa. There is full information on how to get one of those on the French embassy website. Call the British embassy in Santo Domingo to check on the requirements for the UK islands. I think Tortola is British too but if it is American you will need a US visa too!!!

Matilda