I need info for my fiancee to get a visa to the UK

pablo 809

Apr 15, 2008
I'm writing this for my Dominican fianc?e, living in Dr, who speaks English fluently and can also read. We are currently living in the DR.

I need info on how he can get a visa to the UK.

Note from Mod;
I have adjusted the OP so we know who we are talking to and it's Pablo's fianc?e. Please give out visa info only and anything else should be sent by private message.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
And maybe send a PM to Saskia. She and her husband Jonathan, who is from Puerto Plata, live in Herts. He went through the process a couple of years ago so it may help you to talk with a Dominican who has already done what you want to do.

The other thing you could consider is applying for a scholarship to study in UK

Scholarships and fellowships

http://www.chevening.com/home/index.html

The last group of Chevening Scholars here
Local press releases and news*Dominican Republic

Chevening awards are only for graduates, I understand, so you need to get your first degree first. :cheeky:

Best of luck to you! If you need the nuts & bolts visa stuff the links are below.

Brit Embassy SD visa info here
Services*Dominican Republic

Visas*Dominican Republic

Last edited by a moderator:

pablo 809

Apr 15, 2008

no 1. its his fiance who is writting this not pablo because im helping him with what HE wants

no2. NO its not to please me its because he dosent want to be stuck in this country the rest of the life, no offence ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Ok this has now been moved to the Visa forum. Please give out visa info only and send any personal suggestions by PM.

I have adjusted the Original Post so we know that we are answering Pablo's fianc?e and there's no confusion.

To the original poster please read the link I gave you. Things have changed so here is that link again http://www.dr1.com/forums/visas/74296-english-laws.html

DOMINCAN BOY

On Vacation!
Jun 6, 2006
fianc? visa

I'm writing this for my Dominican fianc?e, living in Dr, who speaks English fluently and can also read. We are currently living in the DR.

I need info on how he can get a visa to the UK.

Note from Mod;
I have adjusted the OP so we know who we are talking to and it's Pablo's fianc?e. Please give out visa info only and anything else should be sent by private message.
13.2 - Immigration conditions upon entry to the United Kingdom
A person holding an entry clearance as a fianc?(e)/proposed civil partner will initially be admitted to the United Kingdom for 6 months, with a prohibition on employment until after marriage/civil partnership. Once the marriage/civil partnership has taken place and after satisfactory completion of a probationary period (normally 24 months), set by the Home Office, indefinite leave to remain may be granted.