Appliance shopping in Santiago

Vawner

Feb 7, 2007
Any recommendations regarding where to purchase new appliances, specifically stove, clothes washer and wall-type air conditioner - particularly in regard to lowest price? Has anyone noticed significant price differentials between Hawaii, La Sirena, Bellon, etc? Also, can I expect the delivery people to hook up the simpler things (i.e., stove, clothes washer)? I can do these ones myself if not, but I imagine I'll have to hire someone to install the air conditioner.

Thanks!

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Have you consider Hache? They're located at Avenida Estrella Sadhala at the entrance to Gurabo. Just my 50 cents..

Adios,

Zeus;)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
We bought a stove, microwave and fridge from Corripio downtown, very pleasant to deal with.

Ask for a discount, and you'll prolly receive one.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Plaza Lama.........

..............their prices AND selection are hard to beat..........

They are on Calle de Sol..............

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Cobraboy and POP Bad Boy are probably correct. Another possibility is PriceSmart or Ochoa.

As for installation of the AC, that should be done by experts.

HB

StellaRay

Apr 8, 2007
I've been pricing appliances too. I normally would say Plaza Lama or PriceSmart has the best prices, but I saw some really good deals at Super Pola the other day, cheaper than what I saw at Plaza Lama. It's really just best to shop around and see what you like. You might want to check out El Encanto or Casa Dominicana as well, someone suggested them to me as well.

melchan

Apr 4, 2007
Can someone tell me how buying an appliance on "credit" works at major stores like "plaza Lama"???

I want to send money to someone to buy a fridge, can they pay half and take the fridge home then make monthly payments?

anyone who really knows the true answer please help me.

Need to get someone a nevera.

Vawner

Feb 7, 2007
Thanks!

Thank you for the suggestions - I will visit the suggested establishments and compare prices. With summer coming the air conditioning is taking on higher and higher priority.