Central Caribbean Program Director

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Global conservation agency is looking for candidates to its post for Central Caribbean program director based in Santo Domingo. The person would be responsible for designing and implementing biodiversity conservation strategies for the program to accomplish measurable conservation results. Likewise, the person would be responsible for organizing and overseeing the program's execution of projects and actions, and or developing long range and annual plans, leading and managing program staff, and providing supervision, mentoring and staff development. The person would also be responsible for ensuring that country legal and tax requirements are met and that the program satisfies policies, host government regulations and donor agency requirements.

Requirements:
Bachelor's degree and min 7-10 years experience as a proven leader in the conservation arena, non-profit sector, advocacy, or related for-profit area, including demonstrated experience producing results and meeting program/department goals.
Proficient in English.
Experience gained both in and outside the US, Central Caribbean (DR, Haiti, Puerto Rico and Cuba) preferred.
Demonstrated commitment to developing and practicing global literacy a must.
Knowledge of politics and society with respect to environmental affairs.
Successful experience in partnership development (partners, community, government, etc.) including extensive networking with high level conservation contacts; political savvy.

Those interested should write to macregionjobs@tnc.org and use as subject of your email: Central Caribbean Program Director. Resumes will be received until 9 May.

Last edited:

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
You really think so, Skippy, or just pulling my leg?

TNC is a quality NGO, they would be great to work for. And the job sounds very interesting....

Keith R musing aloud, staring off into the distance

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
And Chirimoya would also be ideal in this post. :)

I actually concur that my Green Team mate Chiri would be excellent for it and told her so by PM the minute I saw this listing.

So I second the motion for Chiri to go for it! ;)

If I do apply and she does too, I will be cheering her on. I can think of no finer candidate to lose to. I mean that, and I think she knows that I do.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Thank you, dear friends, for this vote of confidence, but I'll be giving it a miss.

If Keith applies and gets it, I will consider the role of communications officer. :)

From Green Team to Dream Team!

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
You both are awesome

I wish both of you the best of luck in this and please keep us posted.