Business ideas in Santo Domingo

heavennsangel

Mar 15, 2005
Hello all,

I was thinking about possibly starting some sort of business in Santo Domingo to generate some extra cash.It does not have to be an enormous amount in profit,i live in NY but i could travel a couple of times per yer.If anyone has any ideas they are welcomed to share them.My initial thought was to purchase clothing,electronics and any other hot items and sell them to small stores in the Capital,only an idea.

Thanks

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Good luck....if you need an importer to help bringing product in, PM me. I have a licensed, local contact.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
i used to have the same thoughts myself, when i first started coming to this country,after thinking them through i would always come to the conclusion that it wouldn't work, or wasn't enough money to justify the hassle. a lot of the ideas were very good and made a little money but weren't worth the hassle to make 200$. i could just work another day at my regular job, that i liked and was easy, instead of spending 20 hours running around looking for stuff to lug around in a suitcase and a full day in SD to get rid of it.what cured me and stopped the crazy "make money" voices in my head was when i realized that there are 1 million dominicans in NYC, this is their country and they know it better than i ever will, they go back and forth, they like money too, if they haven't already thought of it, then what makes me think i'm so smart, special and different.? good luck, it can be done,if you think of something, legal, that i can put in a suitcase and sell rapidly without risk to life and limb send me a PM, has to generate at least cost of airline tkt.