starting process from outside Canada

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
hello everybody,

i wish to have some advise on how we can start it!!

My husband is from Quebec and we are thinking about starting my immigration process...
We are going to do it at the same time we are living together here in Dominican Republic so we want to know if still we have to send the papers to Missisagua and if at the same time we have to send the sporsorship and permanent resident applications??

Another thing is we have the option to do the process from France....so do you think its better for us to do it from France or Dominican Republic??

Thnx ,

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi and welcome to DR1.

What country are you are citizen of ? You say your husband is from Quebec, is he a Canadian or French citizen? I'm trying to understand the connection to France.

Since you are in the DR you can also contact ;

Canadian Embassy in Santo Domingo
Street address:
Capit?n Eugenio de Marchena, No. 39
La Esperilla, Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic

Mailing address:
A.P. 2054
Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic
Telephone:1-200-0012 / 809-685-1136Fax:809-682-2691Email:General: sdmgo@international.gc.ca

Hours of Operation

Canadian Embassy, Santo Domingo
Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m., 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
Thanks Anna,

Well, he is Canadian from Quebec...like i said we have 2 options
First- we can apply from Dominican Repubic since im dominican, and if so we will do the process beeing both of us living in the dominican.
Second- we can apply from France since the canadian embassy in France told him if im 1 year legally accepted in the country they can do the process.We are thinking to go there for at least 1 year if the process is faster.

So what we are trying to decide is if stay in Dominican Republic or go to France.

Thnx

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If all goes well it might take 9 months to a year to complete the process to Canada. Since you are living together now that will be easier to explain a "real relationship" to immigration Canada.

I have no idea how you will get to France on option no. 2 unless you already have a visa to live in France. Seems like a twisted route to me but I could be wrong. ;)

Best thing would be to call the office in Santo Domingo and pick up an application and ask them questions.

Good luck

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
Great advise Anna, thnx

and about france visa its not a problem, what i was wondering is where it would be faster to do the process since all what i read here are problems with Haiti canadian embassy.... i will go this week to santo domingo and see what they have to say..

thanks again