Visiting Cabarete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piglet249

May 28, 2008
I'm thinking about going to Ocean Manor in Cabarete. I wanted to know if there's water activities offered on the beach or in the area? First time to DR and I want to do a little of everything.

North coast newbie

Jul 30, 2006
Ocean Manor is not really in Cabarete. It is a good ten or fifteen minute walk to town. Wind surfing and kite surfing schools are numerious on Cabarete beach but there is nothing down by Ocean Manor. You can always take a motorcycle taxi into town.

gibbs

May 31, 2005
I'm thinking about going to Ocean Manor in Cabarete. I wanted to know if there's water activities offered on the beach or in the area? First time to DR and I want to do a little of everything.

I just got back from a 10 day stay there. If you like family quiet, very clean and safe surroundings, it is a great place to stay. Decent food and very nice rooms. The walk to town is easy and fairly safe especially if you walk the beach. Moto concho into town is 20rd pp during the day and 40 rd pp at night.
The beach is just a narrow strip and the only activities are the vendors.

At night there are alot of things going on but all in Cabarete.
Hope this helps.

Island777

Oct 9, 2005
Stay in Cabarete proper

Staying in one of the many places in downtown Cabarete has many advantages, especially safety and convenience. Taking motorcycle taxis at night is dangerous. Walking outside town at night is dangerous.

Windsurfing, kitesurfing and surfing are all offered on Cabarete beach. There is horseback riding, golf, mountain biking, canyoning nearby.

Look into Palm Beach Condos, Velero Beach Resort or Ocean Dream Condo's for high-end beach-side accomodations. Villa Taina slightly more moderate. Or Cita del Sol, Kaoba or Albatros for less expensive rooms. All of these recommendations are walking distance to most everything in Cabarete.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.