Checkpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

halwiki

Jan 28, 2007
I travelled to Sosua several times before a lengthy illness deferred all my travel plans.

Can anyone update me on what's happened re the death of Mark Misner of the Checkpoint a little over a year ago and the arrest of Mel? Also, what's happened with the Checkpoint itself? Is it still open under new management and/or a new name?

For a spot claimed to be so central to so many posters here in the past, it's sure been forgotten in a hurry.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Colleen and Mark had a good business going before Mark's untimely death. Afterwards Colleen had friends running the Bar and the business was still reasonable and with two or three years remaining on her lease Colleen wanted her friends to continue to operate Checkpoint, much as she and Mark had run it.

The German owner Peter, however had another notion and canceled the lease early and without explanation and installed his own management to run the bar and keep up the momentum started by Colleen and Mark. Many of those of us who know the events will not support his actions and most have found another place to hang out.

This is the truth to the best of my knowledge.

Gregg

jimbos1

Jan 26, 2008
We have been here since February and are at the checkpoint almost everyday....it is still the same as it always has been. We dont see much differences in the last 5 years that we have been here.

Status
Not open for further replies.