Visit with Bianny

yelkcub

Dec 11, 2007
www.buckrobin.com
Bianny, who is 8, is the other boy whom I sponsor through Children?s International. After visiting with Roberto yesterday, it was Bianny?s turn today. Unlike Roberto, who lives in Mao, Bianny lives in Santiago and his family is less fortunate than Roberto?s.

I arrived at his home just before noon and was greeted with a hug. I had brought some gifts for him and his sister:

biannyandmewithgifts.jpg

biannyssisterwithgifts_1.jpg

biannyssisterwithgifts.jpg

I was told that Bianny had a gift for me and I was presented with this mango from one of the trees in their yard.

biannygivesmeamango.jpg

Bianny?s father was at work but managed to stop off at home to meet me and so that we could have a picture taken with the family.

biannymehisfathermotherandsister.jpg

It was now time for lunch and we decided on a place (it had ?delicias? in the name near the Monumento).

biannyandmeatrestaurant.jpg

After lunch we returned to his home for a short visit before saying our goodbyes.

Biannymeandhismom_1.jpg

Biannyandme.jpg

Biannyandme_1.jpg

Both of the children from this family are adorable and Bianny has that glint in his eye that tells you that even though he was on his best behaviour today, like most 8-year-olds, he?s a mischievous little devil!

Robin

lollipop

Mar 28, 2008
Uao yelkcub, thanks a lot for sharing this pictures with us. You are an amazing human being.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Fabulous humanitarian effort there on your part.

I'm really happy that this young boy has a father around, because too many poor children in the DR simply don't.

Sadams

Feb 23, 2007
an angel in D.R.

Yelkcub,

If the world had more people like you, it would be so wonderful! You have a special place in heaven reserved for you, my friend!

Thank you
Susanne