Were can I catch the bus from SD airport

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
As you asked for a bus, you should be aware that it would be a long walk to the highway from the terminal, specially with luggage, but if you choose to do so, you could grab the public transport to Boca Chica and be there in 10 minutes at a cost of $1 US, or so.

ggg600x230.jpg

Click on image for higher resolution.

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
There is no public bus that goes from the airport anywhere. The public buses are picked up on the main highway (Autopista Las Americas). To get there, you would have to take a motoconcho (small motorcycle) from the airport to the highway. If you are traveling with a lot of luggage this will be difficult and very uncomfortable.

If money is an issue, do the motoconcho, if comfort is an issue, just take a cab.

mowen44

Jul 12, 2008
Thank you very much everybody.

Thank you what is the best thngs to do in Boca Chica.

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
I personally don't like Boca Chica, too many people and vendors. I do enjoy Boca Chica in the evening around 6:30-7pm. Sun is going down, the people have gone and the water is calm.

With that said, my favorite thing to do in Boca Chica is to eat fried fish with tostones from one of the stauls at the beginning of the beach. Nobody does pescado frito like Boca Chica!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
the crowd on the beach really depends on what day you are there. Sundays are always crowded as the locals come out to party on the beach...but otherwise its not all that crowded especially if you head towards the west end of the beach...towards the Hamaca things get pretty crowded. People watching is probably the best activity (as well as the pescado frito)

The vendors can be a pain but after they come by a couple of times and you ignore them they pretty much leave you alone.

If you like big waves then you can catch a guagua (heading east) to Playa Carribe...tiny little beach but HUGE waves and you can rent a boogie board by the hour (and there areno vendors).

IF you are on a tight budget for food...you can get fried chicken and tostones for 70 pesos at the chinese place on Calle Duarte (the main street) and there is also a pico pollo that is pretty good too. Also the pizza at the german restaurant in the center of town is a great deal for 2 people.

you'd probably want to do a day trip into Santo DOmingo as well. You can take the guagua (i think its around 50 pesos) and ask to be let off at Parque Inedpencia. You will be right in the heart of the Colonial Zone and El Conde and you can just walk around and check out some great architecture.

If you want REAL night life you will have to go to santo domingo. Nightlife in B.C. is pretty lame...just a few bars and restaurants with tables and chairs on the street (oh...and two discos full of working girls) I prefer just grabbing a bottle of something and hanging on the beach with a couple of friends.

Oh..there is also some O.K. snorkeling out by the reef. nothing spectacular...but i find it soothing. (i have asked many times for good snorkeling sports near B.C. but nobody has ever answered).

Boca Chica aint no grand resort town...but with the right attitude you can still have quite a bit of fun.