Punta Cana Airport to Higuey?

gscholefield

Jul 21, 2008
Hello All,

On August 9th I'll be arriving at Punta Cana Airport at 4:25 p.m. and I will want to travel to Higuey the same afternoon/evening. My Spanish is passable and I lived on the North Coast for a month last year so I'm somewhat familiar with the DR. I'll be carrying only a back pack. I'd sure appreciate suggestions as to how I can get from the airport to Higuey economically.

Cheers,

Gerry

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are better informants than I but i am sure that there are buses from Veron over to Higuey. Probably a taxi from the airport to the bus stop.Should not be too difficult.
Do a search for How to get to Santo Domingo from Punta Cana and see what turns up

HB

gscholefield

Jul 21, 2008
Thanks, HB. That shouldn't be too hard to do. My only concern was how long the busses might run but it things are similar to the North Coast, they'll run late. G

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Ask the employees at the airport where you can catch the mini-bus that will take you to the Veron stop. At the Veron bus stop -- about 5-10 minutes from the airport -- you can catch the bus to Higuey. There are buses that leave at night, believe until around 8-9pm to Higuey, so you will have time, unless your flight is delayed big. If so, stay over at one of the Cabeza de Toro small hotels. Perfectly doable, though uncomfortable if you have much luggage as these buses do not have much space. If you have luggage, suggest you pay double the fare.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
right in front of the airport's entrance you can catch a bus for sure til 5PM, maybe later but i never checked for the later time. in case you are too late for that take a $12.- cabby to the mentioned Veron-bus staion, there you can get a bus to higuey at least til 8PM, 45 minute ride.
what time you will arrive at the airport?
Mike