What the %$&*^! happened to Jet Blue????

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Jet Blue left dozens of people high and dry yesterday. Nobody at the airport to tell them anything. First reports came from loved ones in the states...

Can you imagine a group of two dozen women and children-who had worked like demons all week long with kids in orphanages and garbage dumps- waiting to go home and then being informed that the flight was canceled and your next available date is Wednesday...????

I am sitting here awaiting work from the leader of the pack, just to see if they can get on tonight's flights...Oh Jet Blue, you messed with the wrong woman....Isn't it funny that Jet Blue rhymes with "get sued???"

They did themselves some serious harm ....IMO of course...

HB

jetblue_HB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Jet Blue left dozens of people high and dry yesterday. Nobody at the airport to tell them anything. First reports came from loved ones in the states...

Can you imagine a group of two dozen women and children-who had worked like demons all week long with kids in orphanages and garbage dumps- waiting to go home and then being informed that the flight was canceled and your next available date is Wednesday...????

I am sitting here awaiting work from the leader of the pack, just to see if they can get on tonight's flights...Oh Jet Blue, you messed with the wrong woman....Isn't it funny that Jet Blue rhymes with "get sued???"

HB
I heard some rumours of them losing big money in the last fiscal year and that there were going to be some big shake ups.
Perhaps this is the beginning of what is to be expected.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
This is very bad news as JetBlue had promised to fill in for the flights that AA would be cancelling come September.

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
Hi Hillbilly

HB

Hello Mr. Hillbilly....

Jetblue Canceled Flight 741/742 because of Weather in JFK. That is the information they provided...

They Did however operate Jetblue 731 with a 2 hour delay so Jetblue personnel was in the airport operating this flight....

Sorry for the issues with this particular jetblue flight.

Hope Jetblue doesnt inherit AA's bad cancelation habits :)

regards

STIOP

bluemoonnyc

Oct 4, 2007
there was some wicked weather in nyc yesterday so maybe its true.Bad lightening and a huge amount of rainfall.Maybe true,maybe just a convenient cover story

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
my mom spent from 9am until almost 4pm on a plane from JFK bound for florida

unacceptable!

weather was really bad but this should not happen

they finally cancelled her flight

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
Jet Blue and the rest of the airline industry could care less about customers.

Last month when my mom was flying from SDQ to JFK on JetBlue her confirm clearly stated 12:15pm for the flight time and when she got to the airport the flight was supposedly at 12:15am and she had missed it. She wasn't the only one that had the wrong time. There were about 100 other passengers in the same situation (what are the chances that about half the flight mistakenly tought their flight was at 12:15pm instead of 12:15am) and they all had to paid $100 USD to switch their tickect to get on the next flight. I called JetBlue to complain and ofcourse they could care less. I've written a letter but have not heard from them.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
This is sad, and I am worried as I will be using Jet Blue on my frequent "work" trips to the US...
SHALENA

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
Wow

Jet Blue and the rest of the airline industry could care less about customers.

Last month when my mom was flying from SDQ to JFK on JetBlue her confirm clearly stated 12:15pm for the flight time and when she got to the airport the flight was supposedly at 12:15am and she had missed it. She wasn't the only one that had the wrong time. There were about 100 other passengers in the same situation (what are the chances that about half the flight mistakenly tought their flight was at 12:15pm instead of 12:15am) and they all had to paid $100 USD to switch their tickect to get on the next flight. I called JetBlue to complain and ofcourse they could care less. I've written a letter but have not heard from them.

Around 100?!?! Jetblue's A320 aircraft take 150, so around 69% of the passengers (considering the flight was full) had the time wrong???? badly printed tickets????? bueno.....

Could you provide the flight number????? maybe us here in the forum could check it out to see what happenend........ Was it Jetblue Flight #1728???

Regards

STIOP

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Problem was that AA has same issues and was handing out vouchers like bingo cards. jet Blue:
Nothing!!
Nobody at the airport until after 12 midnight.
No communication
No vouchers
This is enough to convince me that Jet Blue is not going to work.. Why travel at those ungodly hours to save a few bucks? American will wipe them out...service is service..

Me? I like Spirit...

HB

Oh yes, the people at Courtyard by Marriot were wonderful.

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
This posts seem a little insane.

A flight got canceled, they were trying to get you on a flight that same night.
Flights get canceled all the time it is part of the way airlines operate it is part of traveling.
There was terrible weather in NY, "Thems is the breaks."
"They messed with the wrong woman? "
You're suing ?
LOL !!!
Let me know how that goes, you really sound like you have a good case.

And the other flight that some people may have misread the time AM for PM just assuming the flight was in the daytime, believe it or not that happens too, there are some bulbs on the tree that don't shine so bright!

Has anyone actually confirmed that there was a misprint or have they become non-posters due to, "Doh!"

Jet Blue is cheap, generally good and on-time and far more service-oriented then any AA flight I have ever been.
"American will wipe them out....service is service"
Have you flown AA, I find the attendants on AA to be completely devoid of anything that resembles service and/or friendliness.

If you need to go from JFK to the DR you should re-think AA vs Jet Blue
I have done both many times. I have had nothing but good expiriences on JB and many horrible ones on AA.

For the record I am not plugging one or the other I am simply sharing my real experiences on both airlines.

Mis dos pesos!

sbsuib

Apr 13, 2006
Wrong Info

WHILE ONE FLIGHT WENT OUT,PERSONEL DID NOT ARRIVE UNTIL 230 AM TO INFORM PEOPLE WHAT WAS GOING ON-JET BLUE IN THE STATES SWORE THEY WOULD ARRIVE BY 11-BY THEN IT WAS A MOB SCENE-PEOPLE HAD COME IN TAXI FROM SDQ TOLD THEY WOULD GET ON THE 3AM FLIGHT WHICH AS CANCELED
NO VOUCHERS FOR HOTEL OR CAB FARE-
FLIGHTS HAD BEEN CANCELED THAT DAY IN SDQ AS WELL
WEATHER IN NY AT THE TIME AS FINE AS OUR KIDS PARENTS WERE THERE-GO FIGURE
tHEY WERE REROUTING PEOPLE ON SUNDAY TO THURSDAY UNLESS THEY FOUGHT HARD-EACH TIME WE CALLED OUR RESERVATION DISSAPPEARED-THEY GAVE OUR SEATS AWAY TO THOSE WHO FOUGHT HARDER
IT WAS A NIGHTMARE AND WE ARE STILL HERE!!

QUOTE=STIOP;662240]Hello Mr. Hillbilly....

Jetblue Canceled Flight 741/742 because of Weather in JFK. That is the information they provided...

They Did however operate Jetblue 731 with a 2 hour delay so Jetblue personnel was in the airport operating this flight....

regards

STIOP[/QUOTE]

kmorris

Feb 20, 2006
Its nice to see that there are so many airline experts and airline speculators on this board. I can see how many of you are frustrated and upset, but unfortunate events happen and they will continue to happen. No airline in the world would intentionally take a delay or cancel a flight because that is lost revenue. If thunderstorms were present in JFK and lightning was visible, typical protocol (not on JB's part, but the airport itself) is to shut down the airfield, it happens all of the time here in Orlando. Or what if the aircraft took a maintenance delay, or they had to switch to a reserve aircraft? Or better yet, look at the issue Quantas encountered recently. Many things happen behind the scenes that we will never know about. Does any of this justify the lack of communication to the customer, of course not! We all pay good money to travel and expect the customer service to be on par, but sometimes they fall short of the expectations.

K.

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
This posts seem a little insane.

A flight got canceled, they were trying to get you on a flight that same night.
Flights get canceled all the time it is part of the way airlines operate it is part of traveling.
There was terrible weather in NY, "Thems is the breaks."
"They messed with the wrong woman? "
You're suing ?
LOL !!!
Let me know how that goes, you really sound like you have a good case.

And the other flight that some people may have misread the time AM for PM just assuming the flight was in the daytime, believe it or not that happens too, there are some bulbs on the tree that don't shine so bright!

Has anyone actually confirmed that there was a misprint or have they become non-posters due to, "Doh!"

Jet Blue is cheap, generally good and on-time and far more service-oriented then any AA flight I have ever been.
"American will wipe them out....service is service"
Have you flown AA, I find the attendants on AA to be completely devoid of anything that resembles service and/or friendliness.

If you need to go from JFK to the DR you should re-think AA vs Jet Blue
I have done both many times. I have had nothing but good expiriences on JB and many horrible ones on AA.

For the record I am not plugging one or the other I am simply sharing my real experiences on both airlines.

Mis dos pesos!

Just like you are entitled to share your positive experiences, we are also entitled to share our negative experiences w/o you questioning the sanity/intelligence of those posting.

My mom is a business woman and has traveled the world. This is not her first time on an airplane. If she tells me that her confirm said pm instead of am, I believe her. I'm sure she doesn't know for sure the number of passengers that had the incorrect time and 100 is probably an exaggeration, but she says there was a significant number of people. Too many for it too be an error on the passengers side.

As a result of this experience she has decided to never fly JB again unless there was no other choice. I have advised her not to travel to JFK, but to take Continental to Newark. In my experience, they have the best customer service of the US airlines.

P.S. for the person asking for the flight number, I will send to you when I get it from my mom. I no longer have it handy.

Thanks

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
I agree that you cannot blame JBLU for the inclement weather. However, in Hilbilly's case, why not have a rep available to at least explain what is going on?

In my mother's case, why keep people inside a plane for so many hours?

does not make sense.

Finally, let's please stay on topic and not resort to personal attacks.

I personally like Jetblue and prefer them over AA when flying to DR

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
WHILE ONE FLIGHT WENT OUT,PERSONEL DID NOT ARRIVE UNTIL 230 AM TO INFORM PEOPLE WHAT WAS GOING ON-JET BLUE IN THE STATES SWORE THEY WOULD ARRIVE BY 11-BY THEN IT WAS A MOB SCENE-PEOPLE HAD COME IN TAXI FROM SDQ TOLD THEY WOULD GET ON THE 3AM FLIGHT WHICH AS CANCELED
NO VOUCHERS FOR HOTEL OR CAB FARE-
FLIGHTS HAD BEEN CANCELED THAT DAY IN SDQ AS WELL
WEATHER IN NY AT THE TIME AS FINE AS OUR KIDS PARENTS WERE THERE-GO FIGURE
tHEY WERE REROUTING PEOPLE ON SUNDAY TO THURSDAY UNLESS THEY FOUGHT HARD-EACH TIME WE CALLED OUR RESERVATION DISSAPPEARED-THEY GAVE OUR SEATS AWAY TO THOSE WHO FOUGHT HARDER
IT WAS A NIGHTMARE AND WE ARE STILL HERE!!

QUOTE=STIOP;662240]Hello Mr. Hillbilly....

regards

STIOP
[/QUOTE]

Ok....... i understand...... What I am saying is the reason they canceled 741, since they had to rebook all the passengers, they had issues with fitting people from 2 flights to only one.... there is going to be problems when that happens... on top of that they had 2 cancellations last week which makes matters worse. But... you can always try another airline...

Mr Hillbilly. There is a Jetblue kiosk in Cibao Airport's Food Court till around 5:30pm..... after that there is no jetblue personnel at the airport till they arrive to serve Flight 741 in the early (12:30am) morning..... that is why there wasn't somebody from Jetblue at the airport at that time, though i understand the logic to have somebody earlier if cancellations happen.

Again, i'm not trying to justify the cancellations and the problems that arise from them, i`m just trying to explain why stuff like this happens, unfortunately when you travel on airlines you have to be prepared for this....

Regards to all

STIOP

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dear STIOP: The Jet Blew(it) personnel arrived at 2:30 a.m. with no explanations, no vouchers, no nothing....a bunch of hapless, useless people (trying to make a living) who could not help the PAX that had been stranded (Dominicans and many foreigners)

I think what really bothered people was the total lack of information, courtesy and service. I mean total...

On an individual basis, one of the Jet Blew people at the counter offer her own house to the group of kids....(but that was personal, no company policy!)

Fly Jew Blew, and you get screw????

HB

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
JetBlue had a unique concept when they started. But they are just like everyone else now-cattle herders.

And by the way, their prices to the DR were NEVER much lower than any other airline. So I don't understand what the big deal is about their pricing.

And on top of that their departure times suck.