Traveling from Miami FL to Santo Domingo

peandr

Aug 18, 2008
Hi guys!

I?m new at this forum; I have read a lot of the treads in this forum and found a lot of useful information, thanks to all posters.

I?m traveling from Norway ?> Miami FL ?> Santo Domingo ?> Punta Cana.

Do you have any tips on where to find cheap flights from Miami? Or is better to travel from other cities in Florida?

Can I fly from Punta Cana back to Miami?

How long is the drive from Santo Domingo to Punt Cana, how much should it cost?

hilper

Aug 19, 2008
Hi Guys
I'm new to this forum. Can anyone tell me how much it would cost by taxi from Punta Cana airport to the Tropical Princess Hotel ? Are these taxis registered and using meters?

UCLA_Bruin

Aug 15, 2008
I was in Punta Cana two weeks ago and I went to Santo Domingo. It's about a three hour drive between Punta Cana and Santo Domingo (one way), or atleast that's what it is from the Grand Oasis-Punta Cana resort. I don't know the taxi rate because I was on an excursion, so I rode a tour bus.

Hi guys!

I?m new at this forum; I have read a lot of the treads in this forum and found a lot of useful information, thanks to all posters.

I?m traveling from Norway ?> Miami FL ?> Santo Domingo ?> Punta Cana.

Do you have any tips on where to find cheap flights from Miami? Or is better to travel from other cities in Florida?

Can I fly from Punta Cana back to Miami?

How long is the drive from Santo Domingo to Punt Cana, how much should it cost?

From Miami American Airlines goes to Santo Domingo, Santiago, Punta Cana and Puerto Plata. The Punta Cana flight is VERY expensive (around $500- $800), but the other three vary between $320-$360, depending on when you go and how far in advance you book the flight.

The cheapest rates would be Spirit Airlines out of Fort Lauderdale. They run about $240-$300, again depending on how far in advance you book your flight. Spirit only flies into Santo Domingo and Punta Cana, not Puerto Plata or Santiago.

GALK

Mar 12, 2006
Arriving at Miami from Europe you have to pass Immigration and customs, therefore you should leave about 3 hours between your arrival and departure.
About flights check the website of American, early purchase keep the cost lower.

peandr

Aug 18, 2008
Orlando ?

Thanks for the info.

One more question..Do you know if there is any flights going from Orlando to Santo Domingo. When I seacherd on American Airlines It looked like they did not have any.

Any other airlines ?

Cheers :)

Thanks for the info.

One more question..Do you know if there is any flights going from Orlando to Santo Domingo. When I seacherd on American Airlines It looked like they did not have any.

Any other airlines ?

Cheers :)

From what I know all people going to the DR from Orlando have to fly into Miami from Orlando, change planes, and take a flight from Miami to the DR. There are no AA flights direct from Orlando to the DR that I know of.
I say this because every time I fly to the DR from Miami (I live near Miami) I have always run into passengers who are coming from Orlando and they change planes in Miami to go to the DR.

Or, if they're flying to the DR on Spirit Airlines, they'd fly from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale and change planes there.

To get to the DR from Florida you'll have to depart from either Miami or Fort Lauderdale, from what I know.