Taxi from Santo Domingo (SDQ) to Hotel Discovery

avonbeach

Sep 7, 2008
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how much does it normally cost for a taxi from the airport (SDQ) to the Hotel Discovery in Santo Domingo?

Can I just take one of the taxis that are waiting outside the airport? I am sorry if I am asking such a newbie questions.

Thanks,

Stephen

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how much does it normally cost for a taxi from the airport (SDQ) to the Hotel Discovery in Santo Domingo?

Can I just take one of the taxis that are waiting outside the airport? I am sorry if I am asking such a newbie questions.

Thanks,

Stephen

Do you want the short answer or the long answer?

If you want the short answer it is "just take one of the taxis that are waiting outside the airport" to the left as you exit the terminal building. It will cost you somewhere between US$30-40

If you want the long answer (this question gets asked, on average, about 6 times every month) use the "Search" tag at the top of the page and read all the other threads and posts on this subject.

Good Luck,

Bryan

boricuaonline

Jun 1, 2003
My brother gets robbed by hotel employees on Discovery hotel so watch your money and belongings very carefully.

Sanation

May 21, 2007
We got a taxi from the Airport a few weeks ago. A guy who spoke English was hanging around outside the exit... we asked him how much a taxi was, and he took us to a guy who pulled out a folder with all the rates (typed) listed by suburb. We paid RD$1,300 from the airport to Los Cacicazgos.

We were very impressed by the professionalism and honesty of the guys.

Before getting into any taxi, I would make sure that you have the rate negotiated.

boricuaonline

Jun 1, 2003
Taxis on airport have a fixed fare, but I have heard it is negotiable, 35-40 dollars. You can check local yellow pages to arrange for an airport pickup for a lower price.