Rico Pester

bookbox

Feb 16, 2008
Can anybody give me an opinion on Rico Pester (Remax Island Realty)? I've heard mixed reports and would appreciate some more views.

RafaelPabon

Nov 11, 2007
The reason you will get mixed reviews for Rico is simply that he may not be everyones cup of tea. Its like any other relationship.

One of the biggest issues I find in real estate is that people are used to realtors who pander to them and are trying sooooo hard to be their friend so that they can make the sale.

Rico is pretty direct, and is not really big on the smarmy ass kissing aspect of Real Estate. He is about business, and he does know his business. If you are looking for real estate, and tell him what you are looking for, he will show you. He is also very sociable, but again, he can come across as pretty rigid sometimes. You will basically need to decide if you are looking for a best man for your wedding, or a solid realtor.

In my opinion very professional as a realtor, very knowledgeable, and extremely well connected with developers in the Punta Cana and Bavaro area.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
I recommend

We have been dealing with Rico for over 3 years now and we highly recommend him. His business knowledge is extensive as his knowledge of the Dominican Republic. I believe he has 4 offices now, this grew from 1 office since we first met him.

stumeis

Sep 11, 2008
We met Rico earlier this year and while in DR we found him very helpful and accommodating. However since signing on the dotted line we've found him quite difficult to deal with. We were promised regular updates on the progress of our development but have only received one in the last eight months. He doesn't always reply to emails and we're still waiting for information that was promised months ago. This may be typical real estate agent behaviour but it doesn't inspire confidence particularly when we're so far away.

GeoCo

Oct 7, 2008
I sent Rico a first email enquiry on Friday and I have been very impressed with the speed of his responses.

agentyumi

Sep 4, 2008
I became also interested to meet Rico and I am scheduled to meet up with him next week. We only communicate through emails regarding my property preference but I found him very professional and knowledgeable. He has prompt answers in every question of mine even sometimes my query is not related to what we are talking.

To some who didn’t like his service, I understand it because we have different views and thinking regarding the person we are dealing with.

stumeis

Sep 11, 2008
My first contacts with Rico were excellent. He was very helpful, responded quickly to emails and answered all questions expertly and professionally. Unfortunately, once he'd made the sale and the contract was signed, he lost interest. He promised regular updates and photos on the development which never came and I am still waiting for a reply from him more than one month after emailing and faxing him.

I know of two other people who feel the same way about Rico. Contact me privately for more details.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
What I find amazing is that a person posts for the first time and gets six responses. All but one has no more than a couple posts. Looks like spam, smells like spam, must be spam.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
I have never dealt with Rico Pester in a professional manner, but i know of him and his dealings. I would not touch this guy with a barge pole! If you would like more details PM me but this person is morally a disgrace and i believe currently under investigation by Remax for some of his business practices.

michall2006

Oct 10, 2008
i have had extensive dealings with this guy. in my opinion and with the benefit of hind sight, i would not deal with him.
he is only interested in money, hey so we all want to make it, and thats why we want to invest here in DR. ...but this guy is not interested in any kind of problems you encounter after you have paid him his money. i have seen him slap his hand together and wipe the air away in front of his face in a single gesture, while saying that its not his problem any more.
he uses his own lawyer, lupo, from santo domingo, a 4 hour drive, and offers to do most legal work within the buying process for free, but the contracts i have seen have been legalised by this guy, with different dates at the bottom of the page, even though they were all signed on the same day.
my personal advice.... be careful...