cheapest way to LT from POP

Mujermaravilla

Jun 15, 2006
Hi

I would like to know what is the cheapest way to get to LT from POP. How long would it take? or should I just get a taxi? do some of the hotels offer free shuttle service?

my plane arrives at 2:40 so I expect to leave the airport at around 3:30 or so. would that give me enough time to get a bus to las terrenas?

Thanks for the replies.

Last edited:

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
If your hotel does not offer a free shuttle service the cheapest way is by Dominican Guagua, which make the journey three times a day a bus held together with wire and bailer twine but I exaggerate, I?ve traveled on them with no ill effect but many interesting experiences. Price around RD$300. Otherwise Caribe Tours (google them) run to Sanchez from where you will have to take a local taxi. Tourist taxis are around US$180. If you want I can check out the guaguas for you on Monday. Let me know.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I thought Caribe tours no longer offered service on this route?

Last year we took the guagua which has service once daily leaving from out front of the public hospital at around 05h30. I say "around" as it is scheduled to leave at 6am but left early. We paid RD$150 per person.
This bus goes to sanchez and from there we took a taxi to LT.

Definately a cheap way to reach LT but in your case it would involve you spending a night in POP due to the afternoon arrival of your flight.

Good luck.

Raul

Sep 21, 2008
it will better to take a taxi than the guagua,because it will take forever as they stop everywhere to pick up passangers.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
it will better to take a taxi than the guagua,because it will take forever as they stop everywhere to pick up passangers.

Better in terms of time maybe but since the OP asked for the "cheapest" way, there is very little comparison between RD$150 and USD$180 IMO.

We made several stops but since it leaves very early in the am, we were in Sanchez within 4 hours.