safety in LT villa

mbrill

Sep 26, 2008
Hi. We are four families who are planning to rent a villa in LT in February. Some of the villas we are looking at are completely open (cannot be closed/locked). We are told we will have 24/7 security. Does this seem safe? Have there been problems with these kinds of places?

We rented last year on the North Coast and had a great time.

Thanks!

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Sounds ok...

But make sure to keep "real" valuables in a safe deposit box downtown (there are various, but the most famous is Fort Know in el Paseo)...

Don't leave your Gold Rolex and your diamond rings unattended on some table while you take a stroll on the beach ;)

Keep some petty cash (200US$ in small change, or 2000 or 3000 RD$) in the safe provided in the villa you are renting.

When you don't use your laptops, store them back in their bag, and keep them out of reach, either in a bigger suitcase (locked) or in some cupboard...

That's about it... Enjoy Las Terrenas, it's a wonderful place !!!

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
I live in LT and strongly recommend that you
do not sleep in a place that you cannot lock.

Where exactly is this villa?

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I would NEVER rent a villa that I couldn't lock!! Except maybe in a place like Seahorse Ranch or Casa de Campo...and even then...

Just wanted to clarify this is nothing against Las Terenas...would you stay in a villa with no way to lock the doors or your possessions in Florida...Vegas...Jamaica...Costa Rica????

I'm sure there are many good lodging options in LT..with locks on the doors...

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Sounds ok...

But make sure to keep "real" valuables in a safe deposit box downtown (there are various, but the most famous is Fort Know in el Paseo)...

Don't leave your Gold Rolex and your diamond rings unattended on some table while you take a stroll on the beach ;)

Why bring them in the first place?;)

devinocox

Jan 27, 2010
Did you go?

Just curious if you went? Which villa you choose? Etc. Looking to do the same thing in June!