Anyone contracted STDs in DR?

sammytheman

Sep 18, 2007
Hey fellas just out of curiosity, I was wondering if anyone has ever contracted STDs while vacationing in Dominican Republic? You don't have to hide it, we are all anonymous here ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Hey fellas just out of curiosity, I was wondering if anyone has ever contacted STDs while vacationing in Dominican Republic? You don't have to hide it, we are all anonymous here ;)

Sammy:

I tell you. People here will confess many things. People here will tell you if they have a weapon of any kind.

People here WILL not confess this. I am sure.

Well anyway, not the regular posters.

Oh yeah, maybe SunandBuns can answer.

I personally have never, but this is not the answer you are looking for.

Good luck.

I hope it was not you who caught something!!!!!:ermm:

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
Sammy:

I tell you. People here will confess many things. People here will tell you if they have a weapon of any kind.

People here WILL not confess this. I am sure.

Well anyway, not the regular posters.

I personally have never, but this is not the answer you are looking for.

Good luck.

I hope it was not you who caught something!!!!!:ermm:

Is it a full moon or something???

Between this and the platana thread :bunny::bunny::bunny:

Must b in the air ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Yes I agree a poll might be a little bit more anonymous.

Many of us do know each other through DR1 and have met in person so that kind cuts down on your comment about "not being able to see faces". ;)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Let me put it this way. There is a vast number of tourists and regular tourists (even some from dr1) have had a STD infection. I know of one person who got genital herpes from a chick and then he married her. I know a ton of guys who have had infections caused by chlamydia, NGU, trichomoniasis, gonorrhea and the most frequent and the most common one is yeast infection. A few guys had genital warts.
Yeast infection is the most common infection among all in DR. I would say, more than 50% of street girls are infected by it and many don't know it. Chlamydia is also very popular among guys and girls here and yet most exhibit no symptoms at all.
So guys if you feel an itch around the end of your penis with water filled tiny bubbles popping up everywhere which turn into blisters (resemble herpes) a dull pain at the tip of your penis and some dry white skin shows up around your shaft? watch out, you most likely have yeast infection.
This is the most common infection you will get in DR, or at least this is the most common complaint I hear from visiting friends. The next one is chlamydia or gonorrhea. Both are treated with the same medicine. The cure is simple so many guys just don't care.
AZB

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Let me put it this way. There is a vast number of tourists and regular tourists (even some from dr1) have had a STD infection. I know of one person who got genital herpes from a chick and then he married her. I know a ton of guys who have had infections caused by chlamydia, NGU, trichomoniasis, gonorrhea and the most frequent and the most common one is yeast infection. A few guys had genital warts.
Yeast infection is the most common infection among all in DR. I would say, more than 50% of street girls are infected by it and many don't know it. Chlamydia is also very popular among guys and girls here and yet most exhibit no symptoms at all.
So guys if you feel an itch around the end of your penis with water filled tiny bubbles popping up everywhere which turn into blisters (resemble herpes) a dull pain at the tip of your penis and some dry white skin shows up around your shaft? watch out, you most likely have yeast infection.
This is the most common infection you will get in DR, or at least this is the most common complaint I hear from visiting friends. The next one is chlamydia or gonorrhea. Both are treated with the same medicine. The cure is simple so many guys just don't care.
AZB

I am very surprised that these guys are not wearing condoms!!!

AIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: FernieBee

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I beleive STDs dont notice what class of person you are ! Its actually nothing to be ashamed of and more people should go for regular tests if they are sexually active.
A yeast infection isnt necessarily a sexually transmitted disease...just the heat will do it sometimes

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
There's a very simple solution to avoiding this diseases: Stop messing around with Barrio Chopas.

OR.........You could just practice safe sex and avoid the majority of STDs (with a few notable exceptions).

At first I wasn't going to post on this thread because I think that anyone who has unprotected sex with strangers in this day and age is a stupid idiot who pretty much deserves anything that happens to them as a result.

I still feel that way. But I also feel that the above post, which suggests that it is somehow safer to have sex with upper-class people, is clueless enough to merit a response.

I really hope that the above post was done tongue-in- cheek, and not made seriously.

Vince.

Reactions: Chirimoya

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
I beleive STDs dont notice what class of person you are ! Its actually nothing to be ashamed of and more people should go for regular tests if they are sexually active.
A yeast infection isnt necessarily a sexually transmitted disease...just the heat will do it sometimes

Very true JR! There are many types of vaginal infection, some sexually transmitted some not. Also guys, be careful as some vaginal infections can be passed on through sexual activity but can originate in the women purely through heat, tight clothing, unpurified water (hence the p***y shampoo for the girls, and believe it or not washing the area too frequently with perfumed soaps can also cause the problem, Many women here suffer from these things but they can be treated easily. So don't go divorcing the wife just because you contracted a simple urinary tract or yeast infection!!

One scary thing i do know, many friends of mine have been with animation workers either on vacation or whilst living here and NOT ONE of them has used a condom!!!!!! I always ask and am always shocked that they admit to not using them!!!! WOW!!!

Other more serious sexually transmitted diseases i have no knowledge of and hopefully never will...yikes! ;)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The girls from upper class are generally well informed and more selective when it comes to having sexual intercourse. They generally take their precautions and go for regular medical checkups. The girls in barrios are generally more irresponsible and have sex with just about anyone from a motocycle tigre to a 60 yrs old expat from sosua who sleeps with whores everyday. Just look around and see what types of whore roam sosua streets, the girls from poor barrios or girls from upper class? So generally speaking, if you look for love in poor barrios, you are actually asking for serious trouble. take your measures to protect yourself but just by putting on a condom is not the end. There are disease far more dangerous than just contracting HIV virus.
AZB

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
The girls from upper class are generally well informed and more selective when it comes to having sexual intercourse. They generally take their precautions and go for regular medical checkups. The girls in barrios are generally more irresponsible and have sex with just about anyone from a motocycle tigre to a 60 yrs old expat from sosua who sleeps with whores everyday. Just look around and see what types of whore roam sosua streets, the girls from poor barrios or girls from upper class? So generally speaking, if you look for love in poor barrios, you are actually asking for serious trouble. take your measures to protect yourself but just by putting on a condom is not the end. There are disease far more dangerous than just contracting HIV virus.
AZB

I have no trouble believing this, so I agree with you on this point. But I also believe that upper-class Dominican men are not as picky about who they sleep with (the popularity of cabanas is proof of this). Therefore, STDs have little trouble crossing between social classes.

My point was that practicing safe sex, not avoiding barrio women (let's face it, not even upper-class dominican men do this), is the most effective means to avoid contracting STDs. And I realize that condoms won't protect against all STDs. But they are effective against most. Safe sex encompasses more than just wearing a condom anyway. It's more of an awareness of the dangers of having irresponsible sex in today's society.

Damn! I'm beginning to sound like my 10th grade Health Science teacher. So I'm going to stop now.

Vince.

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
AZB...would that be like the dangerous disease called the....

IreallydonotknowwhatIamtalkingaboutwhenitcomestoanythingrelatedtotheDRbutwillpostanopinionanywaysosomeonemightbelieveIdo disease?

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I will answer your question. I have a friend who caught herpes from an animation worker. When she confronted him .... he lied and said that it wasn't him. They get tested all the time...

Eventually after all was said and done ..... surprise to no one but her, he was a sankie. He had a woman in every port!!

So, not only did she get herpes from him but she then found out that she had been duped for over a year. She speaks Spanish fluently and was still taken.

But back to the original topic.... people are known to get STDs from locals.