Taxi from Bahia Principe to Las Canas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guch

Jun 17, 2006
Can anyone give me an estimate of how much it should cost to take a taxi from Bahia Principe Rio San Juan to Playa Las Canas (that is Las Canas just west of Gaspar Hernandez, not Las Canas by Sosua)?
Thank you.
Guch

If you use one of the taxis at the resort it will be around 80-100 dollars, you would be better off getting up to the main road and taking the publico into Puerto plata then catch another publico to Sosua, then one to Rio Sanjuan and get off as you pass Las Canas in Gaspar Hernandez. The taxis at the resorts and the airports are all ripoffs. If you dont want to use publicos get into Puerto plata and take a taxi from Puerto plata it will save you lots of $$$$

Guch

Jun 17, 2006
BP Rio San Juan to Las Canas

If you use one of the taxis at the resort it will be around 80-100 dollars, you would be better off getting up to the main road and taking the publico into Puerto plata then catch another publico to Sosua, then one to Rio Sanjuan and get off as you pass Las Canas in Gaspar Hernandez. The taxis at the resorts and the airports are all ripoffs. If you dont want to use publicos get into Puerto plata and take a taxi from Puerto plata it will save you lots of $$$$

Thanks for the response. I think I may not have described this adequately as I will be nowhere near Puerto Plata. I will be at the Bahia Principe by Rio San Juan and heading west to Gaspar Hernandez/Playa Las Canas (it's maybe 20 minute drive). $80 seems like a lot.
Guch

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Just go to the road and flag down a Publico that says Rio S. Juan - Puerta Plata. Get off at Las Canas and you are there. Cost, less than $2 US.

Status
Not open for further replies.