Hotel in Santiago?

El Viejo

Jan 2, 2002
We'll be in Santiago in the near future for a few days and are looking for a decent hotel at a reasonable price, preferably with a pool. I'm not real familiar with Santiago so please give location with recommendations.
Thanks
Rick

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
Hi Rick,

If you looking for something not too expensive then i recomend you Hotel Platinium, its nice and not so much expensive and like 5 minutes from the Monument area..

if you go for a little more expensive then Aloha Sol will be nice and it is in the main steet of Santiago town..

If you want phone numbers then pm and i will pass then to you

take care
France

May 12, 2005
Hotel Los Jardines. It's on Av. Texas directly behind the Grand Almirante. Also as the other poster said the Platino is a nice place too. The only hotel in Santiago with a pool is the Grand Almirante and it's $150/night US. Both the Platino and Jardines are about $1600 RD/night.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I was just at the Jardines and it smell so new... The guy has done a bang up job on doing things right. 1599 includes breakfast don't forget...

Well worth trying.

Your next cheapest option is the new section of Hotel Colonial 1350 with breakfast. Jardines is better located but not inside the downtown area. A lot will depend on what you are going to do here.

HB

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I was just at the Jardines and it smell so new... The guy has done a bang up job on doing things right. 1599 includes breakfast don't forget...

Well worth trying.

Your next cheapest option is the new section of Hotel Colonial 1350 with breakfast. Jardines is better located but not inside the downtown area. A lot will depend on what you are going to do here.

HB

Rick,

The Jardines is the best value for the money, but do not take the cheapest room, as it is so small that I might have to find you another wife.

Regards,

Ricardo

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Hotel Los Jardines. It's on Av. Texas directly behind the Grand Almirante. Also as the other poster said the Platino is a nice place too. The only hotel in Santiago with a pool is the Grand Almirante and it's $150/night US. Both the Platino and Jardines are about $1600 RD/night.

Frank, Hotel Matum has a pool as well. I never swim there and I heard it is not to clean, but there is a large swimmingpool....

Sep 19, 2005
Hi Rick,

If you looking for something not too expensive then i recomend you Hotel Platinium, its nice and not so much expensive and like 5 minutes from the Monument area..

if you go for a little more expensive then Aloha Sol will be nice and it is in the main steet of Santiago town..

If you want phone numbers then pm and i will pass then to you

take care
France

I went in for a tour of the trooms in the Hotel Platinium, a little more than a year ago. I was walked through three rooms.

The cheapest was more than 3,000 pesos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and went past 4000 pesos

so I am wondering how people are saying that hotel is cheap???

or they have very dynamic pricing. ha ha

bad bob

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Hotel Century Plaza on Rafael Vidal is new and nice, reasonably priced with breakfast, but no pool...

R

rockero

Cheap what??????

Thats Pretty Damn Expensive,,,Now Cheap is in the 150 to 300 Range Thats what I am looking for,,,3000 is too much 4000 too much too.......
I went in for a tour of the trooms in the Hotel Platinium, a little more than a year ago. I was walked through three rooms.

The cheapest was more than 3,000 pesos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and went past 4000 pesos

so I am wondering how people are saying that hotel is cheap???

or they have very dynamic pricing. ha ha

bad bob

Sep 19, 2005
Thats Pretty Damn Expensive,,,Now Cheap is in the 150 to 300 Range Thats what I am looking for,,,3000 is too much 4000 too much too.......

150 pesos????

you want a hotel room for 150 pesos??????????? ha ha ha

most of those are under the bridge crossing the muddy river in town...

the best ones are up closer to the top ha ha

bad bad bob

R

rockero

Thanks for The Bad Sarcasm I am mentioning Pensiones all over though DR OK Laura...
150 pesos????

bad bad bob

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
150 pesos????

bad bad bob

Isn't that where the troll lives?

Perhaps there is hope for this guy!

lumberjack69

May 21, 2009
Under $5 a night?

150 pesos????

bad bad bob

That guy must be talking about the new eco-friendly recycleable cardboard hotel in a back alley.

Sep 19, 2005
maybe he is a relative of george foreman

"I am NOT going to pay a lot for this hotel room"

that is funny in america...it is totally hilarious in the DR!!!

like the movie breaking away...

car salesmans has a heart ataack when his son gives a discount on a car!

DISCOUNT...DISCOUNT???? OH GOD!!! ha ha

the dr doesnt give discounts...

if you pay a bill there ...say $81 and you give them 5, 20's...and the guy dont have change...he will spend an hour looking for someone to break the 20!!!!

it is unheard of...they would let you slide for the $1

even the seediest hotel in Santiago will have to cost about $15-$20 a night...

bad bob

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Hotel Colonial is the chepest you want to go in Santiago. I believe they have rooms for RD500 or so. There are three of them right next to eachother, each with a different price structure.

R

rockero

Rotunda???????

What about info on The Rotunda Hotel???? They say this place by The Metro Bus costa 10 dollars a night... Can someone post the correct address and phone number of this place for sure?????? Any info would be appreciated...Also Does Colonial for long term says have cheap[er prices???? Now does Rotunda have a website too if it all possible OK??????
maybe he is a relative of george foreman

"I am NOT going to pay a lot for this hotel room"

that is funny in america...it is totally hilarious in the DR!!!

like the movie breaking away...

car salesmans has a heart ataack when his son gives a discount on a car!

DISCOUNT...DISCOUNT???? OH GOD!!! ha ha

the dr doesnt give discounts...

if you pay a bill there ...say $81 and you give them 5, 20's...and the guy dont have change...he will spend an hour looking for someone to break the 20!!!!

it is unheard of...they would let you slide for the $1

even the seediest hotel in Santiago will have to cost about $15-$20 a night...

bad bob

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Look...for (hopefully) the last time misterchicago40, er... "rockero", whatever... there is no one here who knows of, let alone will recommend $5 to $10 hotels in Santiago, Santo Domingo, or anywhere else for that matter...you seem to have sources for this info, so why don't you stick to those websites or forums...maybe they'll actually find it funny just how idiotic you appear...I think most of us here just find it annoying and a tad pathetic.