Suggestions please: New Year's weekend: AI for group of young men

Bellamona

Sep 18, 2007
Hello all: looking for suggestions for the best location (reasonably-priced) for a group of 20-30 year-old young men for the long New Year's weekend.

That's all the info I have, don't personally know the young men in question (son of a work colleague) and don't know what they consider "reasonable" but wanted to give them some locations to consider, and yes, I suggested they join DR1 and check the travel tab!

Thanks in advance for your help.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
From, where? How many days? For the cost conscious then look to the north coast. But it depends where they are coming from. For a good time - group of young guys - they can look to the hotels in Playa dorada - lots of Clubs for them to go to in walking distande - or go to one of the hotels in Cabarete and they have the whole strip.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Cabarete for sure for New Year's.

AI's to consider.
Viva Wyndham Tangerine
Tropical Casa Laguna / Beach Club

Lower cost hotels (non-AI)
Hotel Kaoba
Condominios Cita del Sol - Cabarete - Dominican Republic

Last 3 listings all good choices for budget minded travel.
And Cabarete quite a party around Christmas/New Years.

Things get booked full for the holidays, so make inquiries here or elsewhere as soon as you can.

Bellamona

Sep 18, 2007
Thanks!

They are coming from LA -probably for 4-5 days. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll pass them on.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
so you know...Cabarete beach on NYE is a HUGE party...1000's of people, locals and tourists till the very wee hours of Jan.1, in the clubs and right on the beach...with Fireworks at midnight...it's a blast...can't imagine anywhere else on the Island would be a better place for your group...

...and they'll probably spend less for the hotel and all their drinks and food, then staying at an AI...but the accommodations might not be as luxe...AI's usually aren't the best bet if you plan on leaving the resort often...and/or REALLY partying.

That being said, If they're just looking to chill, eat and drink a lot, play golf and hang at the beach and pool, AI's....especially in Punta Cana would be a better bet

Last edited: