SIM card

richman

Nov 30, 2008
Hi,
Do you know where is the nearest location to Dreams Palm Beach (old Suncape Punta Cana) resort where I can buy the SIM card ?
Thank You very much

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
leave the maindoor of the Dreams Palm Beach and walk 300-400 meters into town, named cabeza de Toro, anyways the only town there, there you will find the call centers who also sell the sim cards.
watch out for the big signs "Claro".
have fun
Mike

richman

Nov 30, 2008
Thank you very much Mike. Do you approximately how much is the taxi cost to go to town?

shellygirl327

Jun 18, 2004
Richman - It is not even a five minute walk. There's no need for a taxi. Ask anyone there where the Claro store is and they will point you in the right direction.

Enjoy your stay!

richman

Nov 30, 2008
Thank You, I mean to go to the 'bigger town' for a little bit more shopping or 'flea market'; is it within walking distance or do we need a taxi ?

Thank you very much.

shellygirl327

Jun 18, 2004
They do have a small area with gift shops over in Cabeza de Toro and from what I saw the other day they have what looks like a new shopping plaza that is going up as well. Although, depending on when you are coming I do not know when it will be finished or filled with shops. Depending on the type of shopping you want or if you want to check out restaurants or malls, you will have to leave Cabeza de Toro by taxi. If you are just looking for knick knacks, paintings or gifts for friends back home you can find things in the little shops there.