Travel ideas next week

M

matsarge

I'm in Santo Domingo next week from the 8th to the 12th and I'm looking for ideas on getting from the airport to the hotel on Monday. Also I'll need good transportation to and from the client I'm visiting each day and a return trip to the airport on Friday. Private taxi, car, etc. (same person) would be great and any help is greatly apperciated.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
I'm in Santo Domingo next week from the 8th to the 12th and I'm looking for ideas on getting from the airport to the hotel on Monday. Also I'll need good transportation to and from the client I'm visiting each day and a return trip to the airport on Friday. Private taxi, car, etc. (same person) would be great and any help is greatly apperciated.

I just sent you a PM - Feel free to PM me back.

DAKRA

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
most hotels will send a driver to you with your name on a sign. HOWEVER...last time i was at SDQ i couldnt find my driver (usually a friend picks me up).

Thanks to DR1 i knew to use the taxi drivers that have a yellow badge. I got a decent rate and got to my destination safely.

But for real...call your hotel (some offer FREE airport pickup and drop-off)...if they dont offer free then make sure that you ask for the fare in advance and dont spend over 25 USD. (you really should only pay 20 USD).