Internet Cafe in P. Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

graywolf001

Feb 29, 2008
I didn't get any replies to my 1st post - so ever the optimist I'll try again:

Internet Cafes In Sosua have reasonably fast connections, but my experiences in POP (mainly the Claro office close to Parque Central) so far are horrible.
I'll be there in a couple of days and really need a public but fast connection.
Anyone knows where to find it (if it exists)?
Many thanks for any ideas.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
You're not being ignored, it's just that those of us who live in Puerto Plata & know where the internet cafes are, mostly have our own connection at home so don't use internet cafes much, so we're not the best people to advise you.

When a tree brought our telephone wires down :ermm: I used the Farmacia internet centre on 12 de Julio (near Metro Bus terminal). Speed there seemed ok to me, but I was probably more concerned about trying to find my way round a Spanish keyboard, so I was being slow as I hunted for various symbols which weren't where I expected them to be :cheeky:. The other plus about the Farmacia was plenty of space - your chair didn't get kicked sideways by someone trying to squeeze past & you were far enough away from the guy in the next booth jiggling up & down to music, not to feel his reverberations.

If you're patient I'm sure someone who regularly uses internet cafes in PP will post. It is Christmas here so a lot of them might be closed.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
There is internet access in "Helado Bon" on the west side of the road between Caribe Tours and Jimenez. Speed of the connection was adequate for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.