Skin Condition

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
My mother in law who is from the DR has been visiting us for almost 2 months now and is going home soon. Since her arrival on her skin some weird stuff has been happening and her and my husband say its "from the cold". The first was 2 red bumps that formed on her nose. Pretty good size bumps. I asked if they hurt she said only when she pushes on them.

Then today she showed me on one of her toes what looks like a dime size, red sore on her foot. she showed another on part of one finger that was like a bruise-red, bluish, etc.

Has anyone heard or experienced any symptoms like this? And is it really from the cold?? It seems strange to me, but I can't think of anything else it could be.

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
My mother in law....It seems strange to me, but I can't think of anything else it could be.

If it was my mother in law, she would already be rubbing on her skin the cream that I picked up from the pharmacy that was prescribed by the doctor I brought her to see YESTERDAY!!!

What you described sounds terrible. Take her to a doctor.

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
If it was my mother in law, she would already be rubbing on her skin the cream that I picked up from the pharmacy that was prescribed by the doctor I brought her to see YESTERDAY!!!

What you described sounds terrible. Take her to a doctor.

My origional post was not to ask if I should take her to the Doctor or not, it was to see if this is some common condition that people from the DR experience when they come or visit the US during the winter time? She is leaving to MA tomorrow and back to DR next week so no time to bring her to the Dr. If we felt it warrented a trip to the doctor I think my husband would have taken her.

Sooo, anyone heard or seen this before and if so what is it and what should she put on it?

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
...... If we felt it warrented a trip to the doctor I think my husband would have taken her.....

I bet Mom will be so happy telling her friends in DR about the time she visited the states for 2 months, got a flesh eating illness and returned home with it untreated.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I developed a pretty bad rash when I was in Vegas in winter (sometimes 30 degrees F), tried everything until I got an Aveeno cream for the condition, the rash disappeared completely after 1 week and never came back.

With that being said, what you describe is nothing like a rash so I recommend too that she goes to the doctor just to be on the safe side.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I knew I would come in useful one day lol

Dr.%20Ruth%20Westheimer%20from%20time.jpg

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
and there was me thinking I could set up a medical practise ! someone always brings you down to earth