Vistor visa for the uk

laura100

Sep 1, 2008
I am from U.K and I have a Dominican boyfriend in Puerta Plata. I would like him to come to visit me for 2 weeks here. He has been in his job in a resort for 3 years and his boss says he will let him take holiday for 2 weeks to visit me. I have my own place and will look after him while he is here. Can anyone help and tell me what exactly he needs to do and what I need to do to get him here to visit me? Im really stuck? Also any help with the best way to get flights etc?? any help much appreciated, thanks xxxx

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
He needs to get a tourist visa from the British Embassy in Santo Domingo. To get this which is now only available on line he needs to go to this website:

UK Border Agency | General visitors

He will need to complete the forms online and then take all of his papers to the embassy in the Capital.

They should be well organised and presented and he must prove he is coming back. ie.He needs to have a good job here and a letter from his employer to say he has x time off work and if possible own property here. That is the most important. To prove he will not try and stay in Uk illegally.

good luck

matilda

laura100

Sep 1, 2008
thats great thankyou for your help, I heard that he will need a certain amount of money in the bank? is this correct? if so how much for a 2 week stay?? He is a stage designer at a resort is that good enough, he doesnt own a property he lives with family. Is there anything that I need to do? I.e prove that he is going toi stay with me etc? Thanks again Matilda xx

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
He should havearound 1000us$ in the bank here and he needs to show he has had it for a while.ie you cannot just put it in for him and then take it out. The bank provide the note for the embassy. The money is to show he will come back - not that he can support himself in UK. You need to write a letter to say he will stay with you. The website is quite good at giving all the info.Just make sure you provide everything they say in the way they say it.

My now husband came to Uk three times with no problems with visas. But we made sure we did everything by the book. He is Dominican too. Maybe it was easier as we live here in DR. But we had to prove that we would come back here.

Matilda