finding a jewel in a city

madera

Jan 30, 2009
back home we cruise around looking for a good or classic car sitting in a driveway maybe with a for sale sign and maybe you knock.. i have always wanted a cressida dx diesel. they were mostly exported from the states to d.r. salvador honduras etc.. a beautiful house high up w/ a garage full. driveway taken up by the diesel and only 80kmiles...started right up... (owner was there) and inside a lengend car.. unmolested suzuki samari yeii... stick shift convert. talk about luck... clean economical people from the west love that car... and another car covered was a 87 88 89 toyota supra. he said race car and i like fast... the only thing (bad) is , they dont want to play around with people coming and going. and want to sell all three as pkge. man i close my eyes and dream of having an underground garage in my mountain home so i can drive in. im trying to decide which one . love the suz but too slow... have to look at the supra... and the diesel is clean and fits 5 adults comfortably... 9 dominicans... finding a pile of jewels...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
So, are you saying you found a Toyota Cressida-diesel in the DR?? Care to share??

HB?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No, but that is good information and that Toyota is/ was a great, comfortable ride...it might be worth it to explore the possibilities...

the question remains, are these vehicles in the DR??

HB

madera

Jan 30, 2009
sure if you red the post its about driving around santiago city and finding some jewels, when normally i get excited when i pass a good junk yard. i have to talk to the guy sunday. i dont like to make appts on that day. i spoke to a resident today about them and he might know a guy in the biz. he's from my area in the u.s. of a. those jewels are here in the city.. im dreamin of driving the same way i do back home 500 mile road trip diesel all the way...

madera

Jan 30, 2009
$$$$$$$$$$$$

as far as i know the price seems to be fair price at 100Kd.p. or d.p. and in the states a car of such condition would probably fetch at auction 2300-2600 $depending . but it wood sell high. one of a kind. clean diesel economical. needs tires but you dont buy a car because it has new tires... i myself want to photo it and find out more about the fast car. the supra... any info on this puppy. the samari is worth more than 100k because it is a classic and convert. stick shift 4x4 and economical...to bad when i do the photos ill try to post them...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Can you tell me, in a PM where this guy is located??? I have a few hours here and there in the week...

HB

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Mad:

Can your guy get me a Willys Woody?

I believe there are a few in country.

tambo'

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
you want a woody?? your not alone.... your in the right country...if you take the turn off the tourist road in gurabo for tres cruces and stay to your left on the right side ,before the dept of agriculture and speed bumps there is a wagon there for sale... looks good and you can get a woody...its up on blocks, perfect candidate... let us know how it is or was...surf wagon......

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
nuts

did you ask him if he was selling the car.??? me i never liked the goat but it is a big money car... '69 my favorite in a convertible... but i dream of a bugatti...

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
clothes horse???

another jewel.. the second hand clothing mkt... im a bit of a clothes junky..i like fine clothes and always have, i like 300$italian shirts and pants for more... second hand never bothered me as i was a fifth child and the third boy. stopped in a couple of stores that i have known about but never stopped. looked at one after the other. bingo i see something.. nice u.s .name , ok not for me. look around and i see a seer sucker jacket... well i look at it and she says it is a suit with pants... bingo.... im dreamin jacket fits as well as it has to. guess who ?? ralph laren --here.. must be a what they call for lack of other word. a second or out the back door. the factory doesnt mind a few things to walk but they dont want labels moving around. if you know what i mean... ive had a eves st laurent suit. never or maybe never a polo. last forever. and oh yeah got a pair or hot mauve shorts in a size 8 for a friend... if you know what i mean... so you can find beautiful expensive clothing here if you shop well. so now i know what happens when the salvation army comes by for donation. they sell it to haiti africa. and domestically sold by the pound.. p.s. the jacket is on hold and im sure i will try to get her down to 8.5 dollares...

Last edited:

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
the jewel of the valley

well i did find a jewel.. ralph laren polo suit seersucker brand new tags removed(most) my size 44r 38 pants like a glove in the cleaners for a proper pressing., paid 300 p.d. for them got my wife a blouse and slacks, total 460pesos...

Mar 2, 2008
Spot quiz. Essay

How are the writing styles of Edwarda, Madera, and Donmobay similiar? Explain your reasoning.

How are the recurrent and parallel themes that define the works of these three authors related? Give three examples.

Is there any reason to believe these authors might occasionally write under a nom de plume? Please be specific.

Why do some critics claim these three writers share the same 'stream of consciousness' tradition as Aldous Huxley and Alan Ginsberg? Cite at least four examples.

Does the lack of upper case and punctuation indicate a independent idiosyncratic nihilism, or does it merely reflect a lack of structure and form? Support your position.

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
established jewels

anyone know of antique cars in santi??? gotta be here...maybe a club???

donmobay

Say what ! ???
Dec 10, 2005
oh nooo!!!

more jewels... 1974 renault 4 100k 1969 datsun 2000 now i know im in trouble. thinking of buying it without having pking available/ but it is in capital... far too go to look...