Beatification For Balaguer??

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Total nonsense from fanatics, but then again His Holiness is very conservative and full of surprises. That being said what I think the chances are....... -10 to 0%:cheeky:

Reactions: MikeFisher

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Part of the process is to find miracles that can be attributed to the candidate.

Does anybody have any to report?

I had a Dominican driver yield to let me through an intersection yesterday but I don't think that can easily be attributed to Balaguer.

You know Pope John Paul II abolished the office of Devil's Advocate leading to beatification inflation so maybe Balaguer has a shot.

:cross-eye

Mar 2, 2008
"Balaguer has a shot."

Indeed. He has a very good shot.

Did someone mention miracles? Hey, there were plenty of miracles, more than you could count. Heck, Balaguer practically invented miracles. He had a pocket full of 'em.

I understand Balaguer could turn water into whine at the drop of a dime. He was also able to make people vanish into thin air. Imagine. He had a real knack for that.

And funny? That guy could have you rolling in the aisles. Well, your head at least, but still, very very funny guy.

If anyone deserves beatification it's our boy Balaguer, the happy, helpful and humorous miracle worker. God loves him and so do we.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I dunno.

I think if you're beatified that's a ticket out of hell.

"Blessed Joaqu?n Balaguer pray for us."

"Blessed Joaqu?n Balaguer guide my hand as I pick lottery numbers."

I mean...what if...sabes? :paranoid:

Mar 2, 2008

When you're right you're right.

If you can't beat 'em join 'em. If Joaquin has a kitchen pass to the promised land, he's my new patron saint.

The thing is, I would have gone with Saint Valentine until he didn't come through with my hopes and prayers this year, so he's out and jolly Saint Joaquin is now the man.

?

? bient?t

When you're right you're right.

If you can't beat 'em join 'em. If Joaquin has a kitchen pass to the promised land, he's my new patron saint.

The thing is, I would have gone with Saint Valentine until he didn't come through with my hopes and prayers this year, so he's out and jolly Saint Joaquin is now the man.

We already have San Joaquin in California. How 'bout San Bala or Santo Bala?

Ay, San Bala, ay?dame a conseguir una botella en el aeropuerto!

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Hell's Intercom:

"Joaqu?n Balaguer report to the Porter's Lodge."

As Balaguer gets to the gate Hell's Beadle says: "You're out of here. The Vatican beatified you."

Blessed Joaqu?n Balaguer: "No kidding!"

HB: "I don't kid. ......... Yo, Charon! Got one coming out."

Charon the Boatman: "No kidding. ;)"

HB: "Ha, ha."

Balaguer hops into the boat.

CtB: "You'll be back, just like Charlemagne."

BJB: "Shut up and row."